5.7 vortec which Programmer to buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well how was your gas mileage????

Hey, I filled up a week ago and have 180 miles on the tank. The guage looks higher than normal but no way of really telling until you fill it back up and calculate it. I will post up when I do.

You can PM too...I dont always check old threads.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
have you got a reading on your truck yet with the black bear tune??

Yes, I Have..... with the mods in my sig and normal 50/50 highway and city driving, i am seeing about 14.2 mpg. So I would imagine 15 on the highway and 13 in the city....not too bad for a truck with 167k miles, 35 inch tires, lift, and stock gearing....

I would say my mileage increased 1 mpg. But I wouldnt get the tune for mileage...it is a nice benefit, but the driveability and performance is so much better.

AJKZ71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats not too bad, im ordering mine once i get my trans settled in. i just order a trans from mad dog transmissions. they built me a 4l60e stage 2 holds up to 500hp. nice and beefy. so hopefully with the new trans and a nice tune it should make a big difference

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
thats not too bad, im ordering mine once i get my trans settled in. i just order a trans from mad dog transmissions. they built me a 4l60e stage 2 holds up to 500hp. nice and beefy. so hopefully with the new trans and a nice tune it should make a big difference

A little off topic, do you have any good sound files of your truck? I want to hear the X pipe muffler on a stock cammed 5.7 truck.