5.7 tbi swap to another tbi swap problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superninja427

Reaction score
Well, I replaced the egrthe iac, and the little sensor that goes to the egr. it was doing the same thing but not as bad. I replace the fuel pressure regulator and its running great! my headers and muffler come in tomorrow hopefully and ill be driving it to work and back again!

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
wait....you said you were basically running open headers, but your headers come in tomorrow hopefully.........please don't tell me you were running open exhaust runners, that's a big :nono:

Glad you figured out your problem though....it must've been a bad spring in that regulator.

superninja427

Reaction score
Nope. Open manifolds..not good either but my long tubes should be here(according to fedex) today! Yea when i pulled that regulator off that spring was worn outtt. All the gaskets were bad too on that throttle body.

superninja427

Reaction score
Wow. I got the long tubes in and Flowtech red hots that dump right before the doors end..and keep in mind that I have an extended cab! It sounds mean as hell. Lol its runnin good though. I really appreciate the help yall!