5/7 Belltech...Rear End Too Low

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matler23

Reaction score
Had a 5/7 Belltech kit (BEL-697SP) installed last week. The rear sits alittle low for my liking. I'd like to get it up an inch or more as it looks as the rear is sitting lower than the front. I actually think it is sitting level; however, with the tires being tucked on the rear I believe it is an optical illusion.

When the shop installed the kit that noted that the overloads had been removed. Would adding these back give me the additional lift I am waiting? What other options do I have. Thanks.

photo-tom

Reaction score
The rear tucks before the front when the truck is level. You can always throw a level on your bed to verify.

Since your rear axle is flipped, adding a leaf would not raise the trick. Lowering blocks are added between the leafs and the axle to give you more drop.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The front wheelwells have a larger opening because of the steering. As photo-tom said throw a level on your truck; you'll know right away whether it's level or not. Or simply measure frame-to-ground at the front and rear of the frame in the flat section, like under the cab.

Now, if it actually IS too low in the back, or regardless you just don't care for the way it looks, you can fix it easily. Go back to the shop that installed it and get your original shackles. The 697SP kit includes drop shackles which when added to the flip kit come up to a lot of rear drop. Throwing the factory shackles back on will make it appear level. I ran into this when I put a 5/7 on my C2500LD; it actually was tail-dragging though. Stock shackles fixed it right up.

Richard

Shane B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks fine to me, you could always thrown on a set of helper bags in the rear. Bags will also help with ride quality.

matler23

Reaction score
I think I am going to have to do some work on the front end as well. I hit a bump yesterday and took some chunks out of both tires.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers