4l60e easy and worth it mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 2wd c1500 95 suburban and was wondering what would be some good mods to the trans...on a budget ???

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
shift kit. from what ive heard, shift kits are pretty easy to install, and make a noticeable change. ill wait for someone else to chime in to give more details

Bigg G

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
95 stock tranny with how many miles ????

If it's not broke why bother fixing on it ????
If it's got heavy miles on it without tranny servicing or transfusions there's a 50/50 chance you could open up a bag issues just by draining the tranny fluid.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
it has 200,000 on it.so I shouldnt even drain it for sevice??? cuz I was think its time for a service since I dont know when it was done last.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I would not suggest trying to work on a tranny with that many miles but probably the cheapest and most worthwhile thing you can do is a vette servo. You can do it all by yourself to as it is not hard to do at all.

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok...so a tranny rebuild is on its way...thanks guys!

reptilla

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i havent even considered the 4l80 swap,havent done much research and im not sure what it would take to do that.but i will look in to that,thanks

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about swapping to the 4L80E?

if you're set on staying with an automatic, this is what I'd do.

the 60e is a POS plain and simple, IME it should have never been put in a full size truck to begin with. there are some minor disadvantages to the 80e (first gear is a little higher (2.42 vs 3.06 IIRC), and fourth is a little lower (.74 vs .70)), but it is MUCH stronger and more reliable than the 60e, and IMO the first to second gearing being closer to each other is a good thing in the 80e, makes the 1-2 shift much more friendly in a DD.