454 big block vortec mods?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tscherbi

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm trying to turn 40" tires in the mud... You can never have too much power for that lol. No pics today but soon.

So as far as the fuel injection goes this truck doesn't have the spider in the intake like the 350? As I mention the fuel injection is helpful while at the sand dunes and going up hills so that's one reason to keep it, but yeah I want a lot more power than what I have now.

Nope its got independent fuel injectors for each cylinder. they are underneath the intake plentum

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
What year 454 is it? You mentioned a carb swap so I wasn't sure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really glad to hear it has independent injectors!

And the big block is a 1998. The truck was this way from the factory. I had mentioned a carb swap because I had just assumed it had the same style injection set up as the 350 vortec... Which I'm sure you all know would be impossible to run the kind of power I'm looking for with. I do know about the marine intake and all that but you get the point.

So I'm going to check out that link, thank you! And hopefully I'll be putting in some bigger injectors along with heads cam and tuning!

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Check out the Powerplant part of my sig. Light and easy mods and plenty of oomph for ya. I can link you to the headers and Black Bear Tunings site. The headers are not specifically for the truck but will fit yours easily since I assume it has the higher motor mounts, I had to trim my upper control arm mounts because I don't have them and I'm 2WD. You'll just have to get the EGR tuned out and block it since they don't have an EGR tube. I paid around $200 for those headers, the correct ones for our trucks run $350-$500 on average

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that would be cool if you could post up the links!

As far as headers go I was thinking of running long tubes but idk if that will clear my front driveshaft. My truck has no control arms anymore so I should be good clearance wise as far as that goes.