4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I just did this mod with an old blower motor relay I had from our trucks and it works great! Thanks for saving me 20 bucks thru LMC Truck

Reaction score
Hello, I just wanted to say thanks for posting this info/write up. I did this mod tonight on my 95 C1500, and it works great! I took the advice of another member, and instead of splicing into the wiring behind the passenger headlight, I tapped into the headlight harness on the drivers inner fender, next to the fuse box/relay center. This was much easier, and it looks cleaner IMO. I took some pics to show everyone. Once again, thanks for a great write up/mod! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_20130909_220855.jpg
    IMG_20130909_220855.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20130909_220801.jpg
    IMG_20130909_220801.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

Virginiabound

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did this mod to both the 99 and the 96 today! Looking forward to seeing what they end up throwing out in the dark!

JebusKrist

Reaction score
I searched through most of this post but couldn't find any definitive answer other than a guy that swapped his quad beams for composite doing the mod but my question is will this mod work with a 1988 k1500 with stock quad beam lights?

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I searched through most of this post but couldn't find any definitive answer other than a guy that swapped his quad beams for composite doing the mod but my question is will this mod work with a 1988 k1500 with stock quad beam lights?

yes it will! i have the quad sealed beams with 4-hi

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to be an ass and say that since this is a sticky, this write-up really needs some improvements. Most of what I'm going to say has already been said, but it really needs to appear in the original post.

First, you do not have to remove the headlights, it's better and easier to make the splices in the wiring loom that runs along the driver's side fender.

Along with that, there's no point in wasting wire by running it to the battery, you can grab power from one the auxiliary posts in the underhood fuse box.

Last, and most importantly, never EVER use these crappy connectors on anything you give a damn about:
You must be registered for see images attach