4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

970tahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Hi 4 mod with HIDS and it doesn't have any problems. If you are going to do HIDS for both Hi and Low than you def need the Hi 4, because the time it takes to warm up the Hi beams when you switch is scary on the road. Plus having all four HID makes for epic light when you're alone on the road.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone running this with HIDs notice the lowbeams momentarily flicker when you flip the highs on? I don't think it's hurting anything but it is annoying.

What I've noticed here is that it seems to be an early OBS issue. I don't know when the difference began, maybe '96 with the DRLs. When I did the 4-hi on my '94, I noticed that the lowbeams actually shut off for a split second when you turn the highs on. This isn't an HID issue, though. It does it with halogens too. I haven't done the 4-hi on my '91 to see if it does it as well yet. On my '98 Suburban and on a friend's '97, there is no flicker when turning the highs on.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
just did this mod... all i can say is.. BEST. MOD... EVA.... lol. i took my time and it took me right at an hour... i heat shrinked every connection, and routed everything as out of site as possible... only problem i really ran into was this was the first time i had taken the headlight out by those two screws.. every time before i had taken the grille off and accessed them that way.

it looks funky with one HID in, and the other 3 are halogen lol

Reaction score
just did this mod... all i can say is.. BEST. MOD... EVA.... lol. i took my time and it took me right at an hour... i heat shrinked every connection, and routed everything as out of site as possible... only problem i really ran into was this was the first time i had taken the headlight out by those two screws.. every time before i had taken the grille off and accessed them that way.

it looks funky with one HID in, and the other 3 are halogen lol

I need to get my hi's in hid also, does look kinda stupid with all four running. Oh well, work in progress!

GoCougs

Reaction score
I wish I would have done this with HID's I bet that is just bright as hell. I did just wire up a set of Hella 500's the same way. The Hella's now come on when I flick my highbeams. Damn, Ive never seen such daylight at night before

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
I wish I would have done this with HID's I bet that is just bright as hell. I did just wire up a set of Hella 500's the same way. The Hella's now come on when I flick my highbeams. Damn, Ive never seen such daylight at night before

Damn why haven't I though of that