4 Hi Headlight Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slime

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I obviously built my kit my self, but there are a lot of places to buy a kit that will have everything you need to do this mod. I think LMC offers one. If you Google it, you should be able to find some .
I called LMC because there kit says "Excludes daylight running light models"...why? They couldn't tell me as they have only phone sales people. What is different?

sctrailrider

Reaction score
You can use their kit you just have to disable your DRLs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Cokeman95... I was told to ask you if you would be interested in making me a harness, Z71 Hobbs pointed me your way yesterday in fact....

93 Chevy dually diesel, I want a harness from the firewall to the rear tail lights with wiring for a trailer plug & break controller.. I can remove the existing harness and send it to you ...

My last dealings with Gmachinz took forever so I'm looking for another supplier..

Thanks, Chris

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Didn't have to disable my DRLs on either of my trucks. They still work as normal with the 4-Hi mod.
Good info sewlow. I was under the impression that was necessary. Mine don't work on my 99 so it wasn't an issue either way for me.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I bought the first one from a former member. The other I made myself after seeing how simple they are. Either way the DRLs still work.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My hd 4hi harness works just fine with my DRL stuff.
I bought the first one from a former member. The other I made myself after seeing how simple they are. Either way the DRLs still work.

My he harness also works with the drl and the 4HI. Not sure where it was made though-bought it off another member parting his truck

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You only have to disable the DRLs if you add a second relay for the dim lights. When you see how much brighter the dims are on a relay, then you will understand why I added a relay just for the dims. The DRLs will trigger the relay for the dim lights. If you just do the 4 high mod, then you can leave the DRLs alone.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Painless 4Hi harness is any good? I read through but didn't see if anyone mentioned it, unless I overlooked it?

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone know if the Painless 4Hi harness is any good? I read through but didn't see if anyone mentioned it, unless I overlooked it?
Referring to the 4hi harness or the relay harness? You can build either pretty easily.