4/6 drop 14 bolt sf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avilleg0

Reaction score
i have a 1988 c1500 step side and i'm upgrading to a 14 bolt sf and while i'm in there i'm wanting to install a flip kit my question is what kit should i be looking for. I'm thinking that the djm fk1025-6 would work because the rear would classify it as a 454 ss can anyone help

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, get the kit for a 454SS. That's what I did using BellTech parts on my '94 C2500LD. Can't say I recommend the DJM flip kit.

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are wondering why people say belltech flip kit instead of djm. It is because the belltech kit is a lot beefier and actually braces underneath the frame instead of the top and side only. Yes it's only one or two more bolts but it lakes a huge difference

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Also, dunno if they're still doing it, but that "adjustable pinion angle" crap DJM started doing a while back tends to be problematic. Many people suffered it adjusting all on its own.

Richard

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well belltech still makes you use the shins on the carrier bearing whicj is a pita because every truck is different. My truck was fine at first without the shims then all of a sudden one day we needed them