4.3 top end conversions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAC_CFH

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ive got this 96 half ton with a 4.3 vortec and- despite the amount of time ive spent under the hood in the last year I love this truck so much.. Recently I had to do the intake gaskets and ended up breaking that coolant fitting in the manifold.. and out of frustration broke the manifold trying to extract the threads. turns out.. i cant get a lower manfiold for this thing anywhere.. Anyways ive got a question about converting to either TBI or dropping a Carb on it.. its a manual trans truck so I dont think to much going on in that sense.. Can i drop a carb or TBI manifold on this thing and work with it? ANY information would be appreciated.

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There has to be a wrecking yard in your area, and there were zillions of the 4.3s produced. Hope you find the bits you need. If there really are no intake/manifold parts available, can't it be helicoiled?

DAC_CFH

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has to be a wrecking yard in your area, and there were zillions of the 4.3s produced. Hope you find the bits you need. If there really are no intake/manifold parts available, can't it be helicoiled?

Unfortunately not- it would have been great if i just stripped the thread but i broke the housing. I thought there would have been zillions to but cannot seem to locate.. Or some yards only want to sell me a whole engine.. Im thinking am just going to buy another beater and swap in a 5.7.. the 6 just doesn't do it for me anyways