3M vinyl wrap for interior trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tried out some 3M 1080 series vinyl wrap on some of my interior bits today. It's the brushed titanium, they make all kinds of brushed metal looks, carbon fiber, and all colors. The wrap goes on pretty easy with a heat gun to keep it pliable, takes some patience to work it around tight corners though. It comes off easy too, if you don't like it or want to switch up the look once in a while. Painting interior parts isn't easy to reverse, this stuff seems pretty durable, but easily goes back to stock.

I'm not a pro with vinyl wrap, but the finished product looks pretty good. Nice subtle touch to break up all the gray plastic.

You must be registered for see images attach

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I thought about doing it to one of my Montes, But after attempting to use wrap on the tail lights, I gave up the idea.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
3M 'Di-Noc'. Matte finish.
Did this about 4 years ago. It's lasted through lots of weather & washes.

Had the cowl hood on my '98 done in the same stuff for a while.
Can be a PitA to work with. Once the backing paper is removed, if it sticks to itself, it's stuck! Start again!
I've seen the guys in shops doing wraps use squirt bottles of water to spray down both surfaces then squeegee it out after they lay it down. Doesn't seem to affect the sticky stuff on the back of the vinyl.
You can heat it up a lot, but if it's too hot to touch, it's too hot. At that point it's pretty stretchy & any wrinkles or pulls are permanent. Patterned stuff, like the Di-Noc can loose the print. Keep the heat gun moving in circles, working out to the edges.
IIRC, max. width is 40".

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
that looks great! and Great Idea!

I wonder if I could do that to the top of my dash to hide the cracks? probably extremely challenging to cover it in one piece.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It's pretty thin stuff. Any flaws in the base piece will telegraph through. We prepped the new hood like it was gonna be painted.

VCaddy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that looks great! and Great Idea!

I wonder if I could do that to the top of my dash to hide the cracks? probably extremely challenging to cover it in one piece.

About the only thing it will hide is the grain in the stock plastic. That Dashmat you can see in my pics would be a cheap solution. Not the best looking solution, but it's keeping my dash free of cracks.