383 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its just some performance shop i dunno the name a friend refereed me said he had his camaro tuned i think bluecat maybe.

highperf4x4

Original Male
Reaction score
to us ethe stock powdered 5.7 rods the cam will hit i was saying, youll have to clearance the block and the rods

Yeah that's true. I was referring only to the kits he said he was looking at. The 5.7" rods that come in those kits won't need it but the 6" kits will. They are also reinforced.

The block has to be clearanced for any of them though.

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the long wait on the thread thinking about trading the truck for a foxbody but not set in stone yet. Any way anyone know were i can get a pcm with a base tune for a 383 with a 383hte cam or send mine to get tunned

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
can i use the vortec timing cover on the older block for the reluctor wheel and sensor

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I read that the stock spider fuel injection system is only good up to 400hp. I am not sure what you are hoping for but it sounds like you might be pushing that limit.

Does anyone have a for sure yes or no on that?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wouldn't count on the Vortec spider injection lasting long at the 400 hp nark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poseidon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea after i get the 383 done im going to look into probably ramjet im just doing this cause trucks rattling and knocks sometimes dont think to many more miles left has 190xxx which ive seen way higher guess mines had a rough life i also cant pass the opportunity im only paying 500$ for a full stroker gonna reuse my heads and then use old block to and stroker heads and make some cash back for gas money.