350 throttle body questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mdauch

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a 350 bored .30 over. I've been thinking about adding a throttle body spacer, it has a cowl 3" hood. so my main question is:

Is there gonna be a difference between a 1" spacer and say a 4"spacer.

Also I'm a certified CNC machinist (at age 18) and I can run a manual mill pretty well, so has anyone ever made one custom or have any ideas. material isn't a problem my company would let me do it for free, as long as i was off the clock lol. Let me know yall.

454/4X4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a TBI engine, the 1" spacer allows more time and turbulence to better atomize the fuel. It also adds plenum volume, which helps torque. Too mcuh plenum volume...however, can have negative effects.

1" is tried and trued.....if more than that had an advantage, thats all we would see.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
I never had gotten a second throttle body to draw up a print and make one. So I can't help you there, but make it out of aluminum.

My plan on making one was, using a woodruff cutter and swirl the bores.

Sent from Robl@and!

SCOTTYINWV

si vis pacem, para bellum
Reaction score
I never had gotten a second throttle body to draw up a print and make one. So I can't help you there, but make it out of aluminum.

My plan on making one was, using a woodruff cutter and swirl the bores.

Sent from Robl@and!

Make 2 rob ;) :handshake: