350 tbi towing build 10,000 lbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, lets not forget Pontiac's sweet OHC versions of the Chevy I-6... the Sprint 6 version was a pretty sweet engine for its day. Have an OHC 6 Cam-in-Valve Cover down in my workshop... saved it from the aluminum scrapper.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
The vast majority of the old C60/Topkick series trucks in my area had the 366ci/427ci tall deck engines, because of the weight and terrain here. The pistons, block, crank, and valvetrain components are very heavy duty... unlike an '89 C/K smogger 350.

And that's a decent point GM Guy... if you are hauling heavy loads in the Plain States, a 350 could do the job, but I still dont think it'd be pretty,
...but add in hilly/mountainous terrain and your truck wont pull that kind of weight for long...

Being a New Englander, We have some pretty intereresting topography in that hills/steep grades are common place. Go into the Rockies and yeah, you'll be paying for a double tow...

Yep, 4 ring pistons, 10.2" deck height, and heavy block, can take large overbores. Forged cranks that were nitrided as well. Peanut port heads ( smaller than the regular car oval ports ) that build torque down low with high velocity but run out of steam fast. Stock intake is very heavy... dual thermostats as well. Valve spring rotators that were .300" thick.

Good foundation block for a big bore engine with longer connecting rods for better rod / stroke ratio.

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
in terms of the motor what is your budget? its not to hard to make 370 lbs at low rpms. FOr a budget i would do a 3.750 crank, flat tops, roller cam, and vortec heads