350 tbi datalogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with the "red Brick" scanner for touble shooting. You're not trying to "tune" it, you're looking for anomalies in the data stream. Programs like TunerPro Rt were designed to break down the actual hexadecimal code with the tuner in mind. GM really didn't want anyone to be able to see what's going on in the backgraound, it took a bunch of "hackers" to unlock the key. The 1227747 is probably the most hacked with the most support of any other ECM/PCM. Bobr@ dynamicefi.com even took these early ECMs, sped up their baud rate from 160 to 8192, added flash (8 different banks) and auto tune capabilities with almost (1 or a couple pin moves) plug-n-play connectivity to your wiring harnesses. If you're not interested in tuning, scanners like his, or newer ones (more expensive) are the way to go.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW!

That is SOOOOO hard to decipher.

I see that there's four things in each graph, and I see that they interact. But the colors of the graphed lines isn't different enough, so it's kinda hard to tell what's what.

Using that more often would no doubt make things more familiar and easier to differentiate.

So, yeah, I think I get the main idea. But it's not at all intuitive.

As said...I use a scan tool to diagnose. I'm not "into" tuning the computer program. At least, not yet.

If I had someone local to hold my hand, I can imagine myself doing ECM programming. But I'm just not prepared to learn it "long distance".

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
great work, hope you get it sorted with TBi's help.
i was going to go your route but like TBI's said and my reasearch found, basically reference files are "hacked" and more for tuning than troubleshooting.

went with an

Actron CP9690​

Last edited: