350 tbi datalogging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is a screen capture after about 5 min idling. Ran good, can hear a miss every now and then. Cant see anything right off the bat. I will drive later and get some screen grabs once it warms up and idles like ****.

Lemme know if you notice anything, this is a whole learning process for me. thanks

one thing i should state, TPS, knock sensor, ESC module, and MAP sensors are the only sensors I have not changed out so far. The IC and distributor are the only two not replaced with OEM parts. Dist is a spectra, and IC is standard motors (original owner replaced that right before I bought it last dec)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should data log for a while then play it back to see what's going on. A snapshot doesn't give you enough. Go to the little red symbol for "Show Data Dash" in the tool bar, click on it to display the dash board. Then go to Acquisition\Record and click on it and follow the prompts for where you want to save the log and name it. Now you can drive and/or monitor it for as long as you want, it'll save the log as an .xdl file. Using the Acquisitions tab you can play it back and choose how fast you wanna play it back. Have fun!

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should data log for a while then play it back to see what's going on. A snapshot doesn't give you enough. Go to the little red symbol for "Show Data Dash" in the tool bar, click on it to display the dash board. Then go to Acquisition\Record and click on it and follow the prompts for where you want to save the log and name it. Now you can drive and/or monitor it for as long as you want, it'll save the log as an .xdl file. Using the Acquisitions tab you can play it back and choose how fast you wanna play it back. Have fun!
thanks!

Ill go do that now.

Would you like to see the .xdl file while you drink your evening beers? I really have no idea what im looking for.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
for anyone else who wants to take a gander...

Attachments

• trip to lewis st gas station log.zip
    21.7 KB · Views: 8

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im surprised shurkey hasnt stopped by to say hello!
Schurkey is ashamed to admit that he has never, ever, downloaded an .xdl file, and has only the most vague idea of what a .bin file is.

I plug my Snappy scan tool into the ALDL, input a few VIN characters, and let the tool do the work.

Snap-On MT2500, similar to the MTG2500 I'm using now.

Various vehicle adapters, most "pre-OBD-II". (NOT a complete set!!!)

Photos of the MTG2500:

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a issue with the 02 sensor reading???
Not really, the O2 should range from high (rich) to low (lean) voltage. If it's slow or lazy it may be going bad but your cross counts (which tell us this) looks OK when cruising. They s/b ~200 or so.

tsr2185

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really, the O2 should range from high (rich) to low (lean) voltage. If it's slow or lazy it may be going bad but your cross counts (which tell us this) looks OK when cruising. They s/b ~200 or so.
anything else sticks out? Should i just pull the trigger and order a TBI rebuild kit?

shurkey here is a snip of the data, being you are behind the times....lol

Last edited:

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
shurkey here is a snip of the data, being you are behind the times....lol

shurkey should not feel bad about being "behind the times". All i see is a bunch of squiggly lines. I hope to have my ALDL cable and laptop set up by tomorrow and try this data logging thing. So far it's been a serious PITA getting to this point. Everything has fought me from not being able to find adx files to not getting USB drivers to load, to tuner pro not installing properly. I think I'm on the down hill slide to hooking up the cable to the truck. Then I'll be climbing the 10,000 ft overhanging cliff with both hands tied behind my back! :eek:

Ken

PS, I need to go fly a plane me thinks.... OH, I couldn't get the file to open either.