305 to hot 350 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had a hot 350 through an unfortunate turn of events fall into my lap, a few months back, paperwork showed about 2900$ worth of heads and machine work if I remember right, how much power would I lose if any by just slapping a 350 stock tb and dizzy in it and having my 305 pcm flashed? Seems that would keep my gauges and everything working including tranny.. bought a Holley 750 dbl pumper but I'm thinking now I might be better off keeping it tbi, only thing it's missing is an oil pan and intake manifold.. I don't honestly know much about how all the swapping around would work.

As best I can tell it's got edelbrock e street heads and a hot cam, my dad had 2 strokes and a heart attack in the midst of having it built and lost the paper work on it, and the owner of the machine shop passed away so I can't get into contact with him for better details... my tranny was built about 8-10 months ago for 500 hp so I'd like to keep it..
Rather late so I might be speaking gibberish but any info would be nice I'd like to get this sucker in sooner then later.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heh, reading your post is actually what sparked the idea, seems everyone mentions going back and burning proms from the older models, but I have access to two different guys that work at my dealership one with efilive and the other with hptuners, guess it should have been a more direct question of would the pcm I have be able to be reflashed for the changes?

sketchy90z71

Reaction score
For something like that I'd install the tbi unit to the nearest trash can and throw that 750 on the engine. It's only one sensor to keep the fuel pump running anyway. The distributor might not like it though so you may need to pick up an hei or something

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only thing keeping me leaning towards tbi is work has fallen off, and in order to carb I'll need either a new tranny or a ecm for the tranny, and it won't pass inspection, which means ton of money versus taking everything off a 350 I found for 100 bucks buying Water pump and a circle d torque converter, I guess I couldn't wrap my head around it until after I asked it, because obviously the motor doesn't know it's not stock, and the computer will be flashed for any and all changes anyway..