305 tbi to 350 tbi swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willy

Reaction score
Ok, so I have a 1995 chevy k1500 with a 305 tbi/ 4l60e, and I would like to swap in a 350 tbi. Upon doing research, I find that there isn't a straight answer on what is needed for the swap. I know that I'll need the 350 throttle body and injectors, but anything beyond that is where I'm lost. Some say I need a 350 computer and knock sensor, and some say that the 305 one will run fine. So my question, is what will I need to get in order to do the swap.

If anyone can provide a link to a clear answer, that would be much appreciated also.

1995sierraz71

Reaction score
I have personally done the swap from 305-350 in my 95 k1500. You are correct on injectors. If the throttle body sensors (tps etc.) are different, swap whole tb, but generally just the injectors/pod. The 305 computer/chip will run a 350. BUT...I have found it runs pretty rich especially at idle, but I ran that for a while with no noticeable issue.

willy

Reaction score
I have personally done the swap from 305-350 in my 95 k1500. You are correct on injectors. If the throttle body sensors (tps etc.) are different, swap whole tb, but generally just the injectors/pod. The 305 computer/chip will run a 350. BUT...I have found it runs pretty rich especially at idle, but I ran that for a while with no noticeable issue.

Ok, that's good to hear, thanks for the info

95Noobie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
willy, if you are still checking messages, and if you did the swap can you update us with how it went and if it was worth the effort and cost to gain what you were looking to gain? Thanks