3" rough country

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mik2500

Reaction score
My 94 DD has a 3" rough country lift on it and it seems that the angles are quite extreme and is wearing the insides of my tires quite a bit i just got the truck a few days ago and was wondering what if anything i can do ..... seems like the suspension is really bound up thanks for the help

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you sure can, decrank the torsion bars. That will help your angles somewhat. As for the tires, you need an alignment, but lucky for you when you crank or decrank in your case it changes the angles and might just put you in the right alignment. if not then have it done. I'd decrank and have it done anyway.

You'll probably not fix the lower ball joint angle, but the uppers and the tie rods along with maybe the cv's should straight up by decranking.

What you need to do if you don't already know is, jack up the front end enough to get the tires off the ground then follow the bar that comes out the backside of the lower control arm back to the crossmember under the cab, and you'll see the keys inside of it and a 18mm bolt on the bottom pointing towards the ground, loosen that bolt up about 2-3 turns and do the other side the same number of turns. Don't worry if one is in or out more then the other, as long as the truck sits level from side to side. Drive it, check the angles, you only need to drive it some, just to get it to settle down. if it's enough you're done besides alignment check, if not go another turn or so and try it again. Once you get the angles acceptable to you have it aligned.

Or you can always take out the diff. drops it has from their kit and remove the upper control arms and replace with stockers. This will lower the truck down, but not much, you can crank the stock keys pretty much as high as their kit, but you don't want it that high or it'll be just what you have now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers