3" Rough Country Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one on that tahoe was the old kit, same one I bought and installed on my truck, its a pain in the ass to put on to be blunt, I was also essentially doing it by myself in my garage, but, once its on, no issues, it rides rougher but its not unbearable and I like how the truck looks, no shock extenders eating my CV boots or blown out ball joints yet. Friend of mine has the newer kit and his rides a little nicer (mines cranked on top of the lift to give me almost 4" up front) but overall he has no complaints as well. Ill try and post pictures once I get a photobucket and all set up.

So any pics yet?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Your lower balljoint angle and tierod angles look pretty steep so you may want to keep a close eye on them wearing out. Cv angle looks ok. And I would trust that lower shock mount I would invest in longer shocks and bolt them to the factory mounting location.

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
Im not sure that longer shocks will fit without hitting something, its all a relatively tight fit once its put together, the kit essentially just compresses the suspension. Probably shoulda waited and got a 4" to deal with the LBJ angles etc. The LBJ's need to be replaced, I just havent had the time to do so, but all in all Im happy with it thus far, had it wheelin a couple times already and it rides alot stiffer than previous (no surprise) but I dont mind and so far everything has stayed put (fingers crossed)

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
There was a guy on here a while back that had the kit and he put longer shocks on it. Ill see if I can dig it up later.

GMC Ranch

Reaction score
thats a sweet lookin truck. I want to also add a 2" bl to my 3" suspension lift, it looks good and doesnt show too much frame, and wont pick the truck up off the 285's too far so it looks like its on roller skate wheels lol