3 Inch Lift for a 1996 Z71 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chief_Handy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So guys ive been doing some research and I'd really like a 3inch lift. But I've read that the kits destroy these trucks suspension work? I would like 33inch tires as well. But I don't wanna blow 600$ on a 3inch lift it's just gonna destroy my truck. How should I go about doing the lift? New torsion bars and keys? Or shock absorbers or just a body lift? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! - Collin

Chief_Handy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way I have cranked my stock torsion keys a little just to even out the front end. I could crank them much more but obviously no point since I'm still stock in the rear.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
Body lift is your best bet for a small lift. It make not look the best but it will save your suspension

Chief_Handy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alright, you have any idea what a good kit might be? I plan on buying a kit as well to raise the bumpers to keep it looking decent as well.

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Heres my 96 with a 3" zone body lift.. i havent had any body wear problems with mine except blowing out 4 stabilizer joints now... but in reality body lifts are going to do less damage the cranking your torisons because then your CV angle gets outta line and it puts bigtime wear on your ball joints, ive put 50,000km on my truck since ive got it and havent had any suspension issues, about the only thing i havent ever had issues with but thats a different story. also in this pic are my 33" wranglers, i know have 31" duratracks which is what the second pic is. id go with a body lift if your just looking to get bigger tires and are not worried about ground clearance.

(wranglers)
You must be registered for see images attach

(duratracks)

Chief_Handy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's a mean looking truck man. Yeah that's basically what I'm going for! Thanks a lot for all the input!

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend a 3" body lift. I bought mine from Summit.

Here's my 2500 with 33's and a 3" body lift:

Chief_Handy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the input! Looks like I know what im going to do! I can't wait to post some pictures. I dont have a garage to work in so it'll be a spring thing, just gives me time to save up a little more cash though! I really do appreciate all the help and pictures! Great looking trucks by the way guys!