3 inch body lift removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey guys im new to this forum and new to the k1500 trucks. i have a 1992 Chevy z71 extended cab. it currently has the older rough country 3 inch lift kit, and a 3 inch body lift brand unknown. it has 36/12.5 super swamper tsl tires. im down sizing on tires going to a 33/12.5 trail grappler mt in a few weeks and need to know what all there is to remove the body lift. and what i am going to no need to make the chassis mounting back to stock.

my questions:
What all do i need to remove?
What am i going to need to bolt the body back to the frame as if factory?
Am i going to need new body bushings or should i just reuse the original ones?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will need to remove all the body lift blocks, fan shroud spacer, steering extension, shift linkage extension, fuel filler neck extension and e-brake cable relocator. You will have to get all stock length body bolts and stock bumper brackets. If the body mount bushings are in good condition there is no problem reusing them.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
You may want to add the lower fan shroud.. helps pull more air, might not be neccesary unless your in a lot of stop n go traffic in hot weather.
Also, I'd say remove the 3" RC kit and keep the bodylift lol :)

How are your cv angles with the 3" rough country kit right now?

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i cant stand the body lift. my cv angles arent the best in the world but i am going to crank the t bars down when i get the 33s on and body lift off. and i might order the newer 3 inch rough country lift cause it has the drop brackets that could help that cv angle.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
i cant stand the body lift. my cv angles arent the best in the world but i am going to crank the t bars down when i get the 33s on and body lift off. and i might order the newer 3 inch rough country lift cause it has the drop brackets that could help that cv angle.

You should save your money, or Spend a little bit more and get the 4" RCX

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anybody have pictures of what the shift linkage looks like with a 3 inch body lift on and with out any body lift. my truck is a 92 with a 700r4 tranny.