3 inch body lift and the 99 Escalade hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I've read from numerous sources that when you do a 3 inch body lift, if you get the 99 Escalade hitch that it will tuck under your bumper very nicely. I've seen it and it looks awesome. I'm wondering though will or why won't a hitch off a suburban, yukon, or Tahoe work? They should be the same trucks no? I've done some searching on Reese and hidden hitch and when you search a hitch for either a Tahoe or 99 Escalade the same part numbers come up. So in short, will a hitch off a suburban, yukon, or Tahoe work as well? Cause I only see guys talking about an Escalade or Yukon Denali both 99s.

Cheers guys

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you should be be fine. if the part numbers are the same then the parts are the same. i had a what somebody on here told me was a tahoe hitch on mine when i had a body lift. the tahoe, suburban, yukon, denali, and escalade are all the same chassis.

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you should be be fine. if the part numbers are the same then the parts are the same. i had a what somebody on here told me was a tahoe hitch on mine when i had a body lift. the tahoe, suburban, yukon, denali, and escalade are all the same chassis.

Perfect thats all I need to know! LOL its alot easier to find a sub being parted out then a 99 escalade.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i think the rear of the escalde/denali have a different style bumper, which factory put a 'hidden' hitch on it to have a clean look since the truck is supposed to look 'clean'.... As for the Suburban and Yukon, is just a regular pickup... basicly our pickup trucks backend other then it has doors, not a tail gate... This is just an assumption, I could be wrong ....

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i think the rear of the escalde/denali have a different style bumper, which factory put a 'hidden' hitch on it to have a clean look since the truck is supposed to look 'clean'.... As for the Suburban and Yukon, is just a regular pickup... basicly our pickup trucks backend other then it has doors, not a tail gate... This is just an assumption, I could be wrong ....

kinda what i was thinking. if you have a truck hitch now and it bolts to the sides you can move it upward perhaps, most people do that i think.

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
kinda what i was thinking. if you have a truck hitch now and it bolts to the sides you can move it upward perhaps, most people do that i think.

so im thinking, if the hitch mounts to under the frame rail, could you make it sit on top of the frame rail? That would bring your hitch up atleast 3inches ...

LOH CHO

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so im thinking, if the hitch mounts to under the frame rail, could you make it sit on top of the frame rail? That would bring your hitch up atleast 3inches ...

No there are a pair of cross members between the frame rail that are supports for the spare, the hidden hitch I have currently will still be tucked up to the bumper even after the body lift but its the receiver that will still hang low. There isnt a gap like the OEM hitch but I still hate gaps! Heres a video of a 3 inch body lift with a hidden hitch, if you pause it at 0:35 you can get a good look at it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhAUMEcLd1g So basically the Reese hitch has its receiver at the same height as the bar. http://www.hitchanything.com/Reese-44096-Professional-Receiver.html I picked this up brand new for 20$ with hardware still in the sealed bag. The part number is listed for both Escalade and Tahoe, Sub etc