3-4 accumulator piston advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalkeJ1

Reaction score
I have a 91 C1500 with a 700R4. I ordered the TCI constant pressure valve body kit since I installed a Holley sniper unit. I pulled the valve body, seperator plate, and gasket but I never found the 3-4 accumulator piston or pin. Looking at the seperator plate it doesn't look as though it was installed and there is a check ball and a block off cap installed in the oil holes. Should I install a new piston or pinless style piston or just put it back together without the piston? I've had the truck for around 7 months and it has always shifted as it should. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Lazz

Reaction score
Many builders block the passage to the 4th gear ACC piston with a 1\4" check ball. The accumulation for 2-3 shift is in the 2-4 servo assembly. There are different versions of the aux. Valve body and different check ball arrangements on each unit. I'm suspecting this is an early 700 non aux. V-boby unit. If the piston isn't there, don't install it

WalkeJ1

Reaction score
Many builders block the passage to the 4th gear ACC piston with a 1\4" check ball. The accumulation for 2-3 shift is in the 2-4 servo assembly. There are different versions of the aux. Valve body and different check ball arrangements on each unit. I'm suspecting this is an early 700 non aux. V-boby unit. If the piston isn't there, don't install it

Thanks for the reply.
It does have the auxiliary valve body. I decided to leave the piston out and installed the constant pressure valve body per TCI's instructions and haven't had any problems with it.