2wd suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke(MI)

Blow Smoke
Reaction score
Anybody have one or know who does? I'm considering it but then I ask what the point would be other than fitting bigger tires? I am tired of high centering or getting hung up on trails, If I put a 6" in and ran 35" mud tires would I be able to get through more?

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
alot of that is going to depend on the truck, the tires, the motor and trans. but mainly the trails ur running ur rig thru. Fabtech makes a 7.5" kit for 88-98 trucks and clears 35's add a body lift to it and maybe clear some 37x12.5's with a lil trim to ur front lower valance

Kamd90Chevy

Suthrn1
Reaction score
then you could easily get away with something as simple as a 3 or 4" suspension lift which is pretty universally bought...just try not to body lift it since ur see woodsy areas. that's a bad place to be with exposed **** from the body lift.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also remember that being 2wd you're already say 2" lower than these stock 4x4 trucks SO when it comes to suspension lifts you're going to want yours 2" higher than the typical 4x4 combo's like a 4x4 usually does 6" and 35's. In order for you to clear 35's like that you're going to need a 8" lift...Makes sense? That 7.5" mentioned above would be perfect. I don't think it's pointless to lift a 2wd at all. I hardly ever even need to use my 4wd. Another big big + about lifting a 2wd is GEAR prices. Where it costs 4x4 guys $12-1400 to regear a 4x4 truck front and rear, it's half the price for you 2wd guys since the only gears you have are the rear obviously...You could get away with $500 to have 4.56's in your truck...Gears are something you will DEF want ESPECIALLY as a 2wd guy you're going to need all the extra power. A non geared lifted 2wd really would be a useless dog on the trails IMO so just definitely plan for the gears. Lots of guys flake out on this because it doesn't make their truck any more pretty, then their trans decides it's going to blow on them...So for the sake of your truck, your $, and your happiness get the gears too if you go to a 35+

Dragit

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another thing I would get would be a locker for sure since your only 2wd your gonna need all the added traction you can get. Also like southern ill hardly ever use my 4x4 when im wheelin only when I get stuck or know im gonna need it to make it threw something.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
The only thing that is gonna keep you from getting hung up on the trails is bigger tires. You could put a 15 inch lift on your truck but if you keep stock sized tires you gained no ground clearance. Say you put a tire on your stock truck that is 3 inches bigger than stock you gained 1.5 inches of ground clearance. This is why professional rock crawlers and buggies are set up with little lift and 38+ inch tires.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
The only thing that is gonna keep you from getting hung up on the trails is bigger tires. You could put a 15 inch lift on your truck but if you keep stock sized tires you gained no ground clearance. Say you put a tire on your stock truck that is 3 inches bigger than stock you gained 1.5 inches of ground clearance. This is why professional rock crawlers and buggies are set up with little lift and 38+ inch tires.
WORD :deal: