2wd suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toms94z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are going on wooded trails a lot then you don't want to lift to much, then you have the issues of hitting over head tree branches. I got 33's on my 4wd and it's about perfect for the wooded trails around here.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Buy a 4x4 instead of the hoe your looking at and call it good. Ground clearance & four wheel drive all in one shot.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Buy a 4x4 instead of the hoe your looking at and call it good. Ground clearance & four wheel drive all in one shot.

With the same size tires on both trucks 2wds and 4wds have the same ground clearance. :deal:

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Lets just say this...I will never own a 2wd truck in my lifetime again. 4x4 for the win..i mean even if u don't use 4x4 a lot at least you know u have it for any occasion. 4 wheel drive is like a condom, its better to have it and not need it than needing it and not having it :hump:

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
4 wheel drive is like a condom, its better to have it and not need it than needing it and not having it :hump:

This is the greatest thing I have heard, next to RHAMILL taking the hood scoops off his truck!!!

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
With the same size tires on both trucks 2wds and 4wds have the same ground clearance. :deal:

Wouldn't have thought that :think: Always thought 4 wheel had more clearance. Are the 2wd tires a smaller size then the 4wd? Stock 2wd & 4wd trucks sitting next to eachother, 2wd is smaller.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Wouldn't have thought that :think: Always thought 4 wheel had more clearance. Are the 2wd tires a smaller size then the 4wd? Stock 2wd & 4wd trucks sitting next to eachother, 2wd is smaller.

Sits lower but take a tape measure to the lowest point on the front and rear of those and they are damn close. The rear axle is the same so if you run the same size tire the lowest point (the diff) is at the same height. I will physically get a tape measure and measure on me and my girls trucks and see what I came up with because we both have the same size tires. Granted both of ours are nbs's but principal carries over.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Lets just say this...I will never own a 2wd truck in my lifetime again. 4x4 for the win..i mean even if u don't use 4x4 a lot at least you know u have it for any occasion.

Seems like people that have the attitude of "at least I have it even if I never use it" usually find out it doesn't work when they need it. I can honesty say whenever I realize I need 4wd it is usually too late and I'm already buried.