2WD Lift Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dek1285

Reaction score
Hey guys new to this site and have a question to test yalls knowladge. Been thinkin of lifting my 88 2500LD truck a bit to fit 33s better. its already got a 3" body lift but the front end rubs on the frame a bit at full lock with 4.5" bs wheels and as raked as it is im thinking the front springs are bout worn out. Now im wanting to do a SAS/4WD swap later on down the road when i finally get a place i can do it at and was thinkin of doin a coil sprung SAS using the factory upper coil bucket. Now to the question. I was thinking of lifting the truck now with a set of 2" coil springs from this place http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/x2-coi-gm8599a.htm . Now i was wanting some insite on what you think of doing it this way. If ill run into any problems aligning it or if these springs are just junk. i would also use these springs in the SAS swap and should set me bout where i want it. Thanks for any help

dek1285

Reaction score
Any body got any suggestions, constructive criticism or doubts.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Normally I would say use someone good like Fabtech, but sense it's temporary use the cheapest way possible.

dek1285

Reaction score
Well really wasnt planning it to be used temporary. was hoping to use the springs with the sas conversion do you or anyone know if there is a good company out there making lift springs that dont require a 1000 dollar kit. All i can seem to find are spring spacers and really dont wanna do those seeing how im pretty sure my front springs need replaced any ways

dek1285

Reaction score
Thanks for your help man you helped out quite a bit. Is there anyone on here that nows what the actual difference in the spring rate is between a 1500 and a 2500LD. Mine is the 6 lug heavy half 2wd. i cant see there really being much of a difference in front springs mostly back springs. but if there is someone on here that knows different let me know. thanks