2wd lift or leveling kit ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBrosMo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new here and new to customizing trucks so bare with me. Just got a 93 C1500 and would like it to sit a little higher. I have stock-size tires but plan to put something a little bigger on for a better look. I plan on doing the work myself and I've been reading lots but I am confused... I don't need a lift because I am only looking for a couple inches so then I was thinking the leveling kits seemed the easiest way but now I see just coil spacers? What do I do to preserve ride quality/suspension integrity without breaking the bank? Thanks.

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am new here and new to customizing trucks so bare with me. Just got a 93 C1500 and would like it to sit a little higher. I have stock-size tires but plan to put something a little bigger on for a better look. I plan on doing the work myself and I've been reading lots but I am confused... I don't need a lift because I am only looking for a couple inches so then I was thinking the leveling kits seemed the easiest way but now I see just coil spacers? What do I do to preserve ride quality/suspension integrity without breaking the bank? Thanks.

Coil spacers are the leveling kits for the 2wd models. They will make your suspension a little stiffer but nothing horrendous.

BigBrosMo

Reaction score
Ok... I start to go looking around for info on coil spacers and then I read that they're no good... I should be doing a spindle lift instead?? Maybe I should be posting this all in the Stupid Lift Questions forum? I just can't find any basic primer on the various lift possibilities out there! ha.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
A coil spacer will change your susp. geometry and make the ride stiffer where as a spindle lift will not change your geometry as much (or at all) and the ride will be about the same. IF you want a small lift like I did, go with actual lift springs or the 2" lift kit from Rough Country. If you want more lift (3+) you can do a body lift or spindle lift.

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
x2 on the whole coilover spacer. see them all the time for sale and they lift the front end good,

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Don't do a coil spacer. Install sucks and when your all done a week later you want more save up do the 4" rough country and some 32/33s and be done. I'm already planning to do rc spindles or slamming the damn thing