285s on a k2500 cc with 5.7 and 3.73s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schwarze_crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its about time to replace the tires on my rig. Its a 2000. It currently has 265s and I am considering bumping up to 285s. So I have a couple questions. Firstly, will they fit with just cranking the t-bars? Secondly, any idea what, if anything, I will lose in fuel mileage and power. Motor is stock other than a K&N filter and getting a 3 inch exhaust put on today. Thabks

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Its about time to replace the tires on my rig. Its a 2000. It currently has 265s and I am considering bumping up to 285s. So I have a couple questions. Firstly, will they fit with just cranking the t-bars? Secondly, any idea what, if anything, I will lose in fuel mileage and power. Motor is stock other than a K&N filter and getting a 3 inch exhaust put on today. Thabks

My 98 k2500 had BFG 285 75 r16's on it when i bought it.

Stock height:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

They fit, but scrubbed the front mudflaps the PO had on there.

I dropped down to 265 and am much happier with it.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Huh....I swear I've got the same size tires on my truck, hell they're the same brand as the pic and mine don't hit anything, even at full lock.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Huh....I swear I've got the same size tires on my truck, hell they're the same brand as the pic and mine don't hit anything, even at full lock.

Mudflaps took up a little space in front of the oem flares. It was just a tiny rub while turning, maybe plus a touch of suspension compression.

They clear with mo issue without mudflaps.

:)