2014 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only in a wheelers dream would it happen, but they should resurrect the ZR2 nameplate for the 1500 and either have it available with a solid axle or at least make it capable of whupping some Raptor a$$

The hell with the Raptor, I think more try to compete with the Dodge Power Wagon, winch, 2 lockers, skidplates.....theres no sand dunes around here, a Raptor is useless.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ lol..

Being a 7 year GM tech I've seen this argument more then once.. i will say this, they both have there places in this world. If your a hard core wheeler yes the solid axle is the way to go. Gives you a lot more travel. Not the IFS has its place being yes it can't do the hard core stuff but it works well rides nice. The average Joe contractor that needs a 4x4 will love the ISF cuz he can still get around at a wet job site. An take the wife on a date with out throwing her back out on every bump (save that for home) the one down fall of a solid axle is it wears out fast. Not the rearend its self but the joints. But the ISF if taking to far and beat on hard the hubs go bad. Now if you get into a long arm ISF it can out perform a solid..

All this talk about the new Chevy not one person has said anything about the junkie transfer case.. lol

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
The hell with the Raptor, I think more try to compete with the Dodge Power Wagon, winch, 2 lockers, skidplates.....theres no sand dunes around here, a Raptor is useless.

Granted it was aftermarket, but watching that Velociraptor 600 rip around the test track on Top Gear made me have to make sure my jaw did not dislocate haha. But yeah while they have their limits for a factory truck they can do some decent wheeling. I would love to see a rcsb Silverado ZR2 that was built like the Power Wagons but more nimble

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Granted it was aftermarket, but watching that Velociraptor 600 rip around the test track on Top Gear made me have to make sure my jaw did not dislocate haha. But yeah while they have their limits for a factory truck they can do some decent wheeling. I would love to see a rcsb Silverado ZR2 that was built like the Power Wagons but more nimble

The Raptor is a great truck....I like it, if I lived near the desert, Id be all over it. Around here, its mountains, rocks, ruts, roots.....no high speed crap to take advantage of it. I like low gears, lockers and armor.