2014 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I like the front clips on the 2500HD models MUCH better then the 1500 clips. Looks much beefier IMO. My uncle has a 2012 Chevy Silverado CCSB LTZ, its a beautiful truck! Runs like a ***** ape, but I do dislike the "ECO" mode or whatever you call it and the seriously short box. The interiors are FAR supperior to the F150's in my opinion also.

X2!!!!

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't stand the shorter boxes neither. Practly useless.

:word: The standard box is what they should all come standard with in my opinion, IIRC you cant even by a crew cab with the standard box in a 1500 flavor. You can however in a 2500HD. Short Boxes are practically open air trunks lol

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
Honestly, when it comes to box length, I'd rather they put a short one on, and its for ONE reason. I would rather have a crew cab than an extended, but a crew cab will not fit in a standard garage with a 6.5' box. with a 5', its got a chance. For those who do serious hauling on a regular basis, the 2500 makes more sense anyway, where as the majority of the 1500s will live lives as glorified, versatile cars. For once, I agree with the decisions of the GM bigwigs.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
Im waiting to get one of these :) other wise id allready would have an nnbs, I do how ever hope that these arnt crazy exspensive!

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The current GMT900 Chevy pickups are fugly IMHO. The too wide grille, the tiny headlights, the ugly arches in the sides, the ugly tailgate, the too big taillights, etc, etc. The GMT900 GMC pickups have only grown on me recently. The Tahoe, Yukon, & Escalades are all gorgeous, though. Best looking SUVs on the market IMHO.

It amazes me that the trucks can be so ugly compared to the SUVs, when they all share the same basic body/floor/chassis. That said I feel GM's truck powertrain is the best in the business. The LS series motors are amazingly smooth and powerful. The interiors are pretty decent, much better than our beloved GMT400s.

Ford builds a nice truck (both F150's and Super Dutys). I love the look of both. A new F150 super crew with the 20" wheels and the Ecoboost or 6.2L would be my choice right now if I was buying a 1/2 ton truck. I have used my buddy's 2011 Super Duty with the 6.7L TD several times to tow with and empty. I love the truck, but I have one major complaint with it...The front suspension. Whether towing, loaded down, or empty, the Ford Super Duty has the worst road feel of pretty much anything I have driven (he has 2 2011 SD trucks and they both feel the same - I recently towed one of his vehicles on a 500 mile trip and when I got back home, jumped in my K2500 and was very surprised how much better steering feel my 124k mile truck has over a almost new 17k mile truck). It is very tough for me to say I like the Fords, as I was always an anti Ford guy. I never cared for any of them. The 6.7L TD has plenty of power at all times. It has amazing low end grunt and it doesn't really seem to care how much weight you load it down with it just loves to pull.

If I was buying an HD truck with a diesel, the Ford SD ranks high, but a new GMC Denali HD is pretty sweet too. I have never driven a GMT900 HD truck though. Might have to take one for a spin just to compare. I drove several Duramax GMT800 trucks and thought they had decent power. Another buddy repos with a GMT900 GMC Dually w/duramax and he loves it. He has had Ford/Chevy/GMC/Dodge repo trucks over the years and he really likes his current one.

I don't care for the Ram trucks at all. The Cummins is a great motor, but the rest of the truck ain't too impressive IMO. The hemi runs OK, but I wasn't all that impressed with it.

I'm anxious to see if the new GM trucks get back to being the best looking on the road. They were for many generations. I had a tough time when the 2003 Chevys came out, but they grew on me after a while. I understand a truck is for hauling, but it has to be aesthetic pleasing to my eye if I'm gonna pay the kind of $$ they want for them these days.