2003 Blazer: The Work Truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I have 235/75R15s on mine, bought them new a few weeks after the truck. I think the 4x4 trucks just inherently get worse mileage, my 99 4-door 4x4 with 3.42s topped 20 only a couple times with efans and a stock tune, my mom's identical but 2005 won't even get that with 3.73s and a slight tune... But would probably do better if the clutch fan wasn't still there lol. Of course, driving habits do have a play in it too... ;)

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice work. That series of blazers have always been a favorite of mine, especially the 5speeds.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a new ZR2 back in '99. It never got better than 17mpg. Awesome little truck though!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Valves removed, heads taken to local machine shop for cleanup and assessment.

You must be registered for see images attach

When I brought them in, they gave me a lot of info about engine rebuilds and things to look for. They told me that given the conditions the engine was run, I should probably check the crank and rod bearings. I pulled two main caps and a rod cap, and THAT was the point I realized, I'm in WAY over my head.

I took the entire remaining block and pieces to the machine shop to join its heads, and it stayed there for nearly two months in a backlog of engines they had to work on.
If that wasn't a Chevy it wouldn't have still been running!