2001 3500-HD 8.1 / nv4500 flatbed dump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did any of the HD’s come 4x4?
A few were converted by aftermarket companies, but none left GM's factory as 4x4.

They're really weird-looking, extremely high ride height. Highly sought-after by those who dig 'em.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey @454cid - there's your bumper from that '89 dually at auction. This one looks like it's possibly hiding a winch? Assuming that slot in the front is ahead of a roller fairlead for the cable.

Richard

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There was a 4wd near me somewhere for $2500, needed motor or trans, can’t remember. But as long as I can remember I wanted one, now don’t need it lol. Think driving around with 5:13s get old quick….

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
A few were converted by aftermarket companies, but none left GM's factory as 4x4.

They're really weird-looking, extremely high ride height. Highly sought-after by those who dig 'em.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey @454cid - there's your bumper from that '89 dually at auction. This one looks like it's possibly hiding a winch? Assuming that slot in the front is ahead of a roller fairlead for the cable.

Richard

Yes, You're right. Some people choices :crazy:

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At the rate of gas prices, no, no I wouldn't like it lol. It would help with the hills around here, but then I don't do anything but work n sleep, so don't really have a need for something like that anymore.....

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's perfect. The screaming engine covers up all the other noises the truck makes.
That was about 50 miles after we bought it in California. My son and I were laughing to the homemade CD that was all in Spanish. The Mexicans that passed us would smile and waive until they realized that the truck was occupied by a couple of gringos!