2000 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 CCSB 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dr_goodwrench66

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My personal truck. Yes the price is high and I know it. Willing to trade as described in add. Or make me an offer. You have no idea the amount of work and money I have in this truck!

http://nmi.craigslist.org/cto/5525417957.html

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dr_goodwrench66

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No idea why it was flagged. Reposted and it was taken down again. So I'm at a loss on that one!

mistaake

Reaction score
Here's my take on it... I have the utmost respect and understanding for the amount of work you have put into this truck, and all the new parts, and it truly is an awesome truck, but I don't think you're going to be able to sell it at that price. if you put the new box on and paint it to match you might have a chance at getting more than $10K - but as it is, you're selling a truck that needs work for $14K. You're far into much newer truck territory - you could even find a Powerstroke/Duramax crew cab for a similar price. You have so much time and labor into it to get it where it is that it doesn't make sense to sell it. I understand if you have to sell it you have to sell it, but your sentimental value and the actual resale value of the truck and two different things. Please don't take the wrong way, but it's just my honest opinion.

Spastik Monkey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got to agree. You've done a lot of work, but with the rust and damage, it's a $4500 truck at most.

dr_goodwrench66

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off, let me say this will be lengthy. This is a truck I have wanted since I was a younger kid. I have searched high and low for the perfect truck but could never find one that was in good shape. So I found one that was very close to my likings and built the rest. This truck started life as a Chevrolet Silverado and was a light lay over wreck on the passenger side. I have converted it to a GMC Sierra and have done a plethora of upgrades since I brought it home. It has spent most of its life in the Utah/Montana area, so the body is 90% rust free. I bought it from an individual that had laid it over on its side and then parked it. Here is the list of stuff that I have done since 2012 and 99% of the parts are GM OEM.

2000 GMC Sierra Classic 2500 4 x 4 Crew Cab short box SLT 8600 GVW
L29 7.4L Vortec 454 and 4L80E 4 speed auto 3.73 gears

• Swapped interior from a donor Suburban and converted from bench seats to buckets with floor console. Swapped all 4 doors and right front fender as well
• AC-Delco 850CCA battery
• Gibson cat-back exhaust
• Volant cold air intake
• 285/75/16 BFG All Terrains on newer PYO wheels
• Bilstein shocks all the way around
• Recovered headliner
• New reproduction floor carpet
• Katzkin heated leather on front buckets
• Added overhead console with Homelink Transmitter
• New GM HVAC controller
• Rebuilt cluster with new face plate/needles/and all stepper motors from Specmo
• Rebuilt and upgraded GM radio with single CD player and remote changer control from Specmo
• GM accessories 12 disk remote CD changer mounted under rear seat
• Escalade steering wheel with integrated radio controls
• Added SIR system that replaced ugly steering wheel and dash pocket
• New GM 4wd switch
• New GM blower motor
• Entirely new AC system including Evaporator core, condenser, compressor and lines and orifice tube/Aux cooling fan all GM OEM parts
• New GM heater core
• New lower intake gaskets/valve cover gaskets/front cover/harmonic balancer all GM parts
• New GM oil cooler lines
• New GM radiator and hoses and Tstat
• New GM water pump
• Reman GM distributor
• New GM Spark plugs
• MSD Ignition cap and rotor and plug wires
• New GM fuel pump/fuel filter
• New upgraded Lucas fuel injectors from Five O Motorsports
• New primary Oxygen sensors and EGR stove pipe
• New power steering pump
• New power steering pressure hose from pump to booster
• EFI Live Performance Tune. Fuel mileage can be as high as 14.5MPG at 55MPH, but every day is consistent 11-12
• New reman GM SRTA 4L80E
• New GM flywheel
• GM reman starter
• GM reman 145A Escalade alternator
• Rebuilt transfer case with new seals and bearings
• Rebuilt AAM 10.5 rear axle
• New Moog wheel bearing on right front
• New front brake caliper/rotors and GM brake pads
• New rear brake drums/shoes/wheel cylinders/hardware/spring kit/hub seals all GM parts
• New GM idler and pitman arms
• New GM rag joint
• Anzo smoked headlamps and corner lamps
• Anzo smoked LED tail lamps and 3rd brake lamp
• APC smoked cab lights
• New lower outer door skins covered in Line-x up to body line
• Line-X on lower rockers and door jambs
• Fresh door pins and bushings all 4 doors
• Newer windshield
• New spare tire hoist
• New front door seals
• Upgraded GM power towing mirrors
• New GM wiper motor module
• New GM inside door handles both front doors
• New outside door lock cylinders both front doors
• Tinted front windows to match the back
• New GM keyless entry fobs with new GM dealer cut keys
* Go-Rhino stainless running boards

I know there is lots of small stuff I'm leaving out, but you get the jest of it. Almost everything has been replaced or rebuilt. The interior might as well be all new. After years of searching, I did find a clean rust free box and tailgate that I have yet to put on that can be sold with truck for an additional $1000.00. (The box currently on truck has damage on right side from lay over and tailgate also in bad shape) I also have an AAM 10.5" rear axle for a disc brake conversion that will be included with sale as well. Sale will also include several oil filters, u-joints, and extra wiring harness for adding SIR and SDM for functional air bags. This truck has over $18,000 in receipts and not to mention my labor over the last 4 years and 45k miles that it has accumulated in my possession. I have decided to try and go a different direction with another truck, so this one must go first before I start another. If you would like to see it, just call. I will point out every flaw that I'm aware of. You will not be disappointed.

You must be registered for see images attach