2000 GMC C/3500 Crew Cab Dually 5/7 on 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on if your wheels are cut down semi's or ones like yours designed for medium duty trucks. Semi wheels can be lug or hub centric.
In this case, the 8 lug to 10 lug adapters always require the flat bottom lug nuts because the adapters have machined flat surfaces as shown in the pictures. Yes, semi wheels can be hub centric or lug centric and I have been told that this is important to know when putting 10 lug semi wheels on a converted 8 to 10 adapter. The adapter and hub meet the rim mounting surface, soooo, another thing to be aware of. Is it it true that lug centric semi wheels cannot be mounted on a hub centric adapter and hub???? BETTER TEST FIT !!!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In this case, the 8 lug to 10 lug adapters always require the flat bottom lug nuts because the adapters have machined flat surfaces as shown in the pictures. Yes, semi wheels can be hub centric or lug centric and I have been told that this is important to know when putting 10 lug semi wheels on a converted 8 to 10 adapter. The adapter and hub meet the rim mounting surface, soooo, another thing to be aware of. Is it it true that lug centric semi wheels cannot be mounted on a hub centric adapter and hub???? BETTER TEST FIT !!!
There are three variables, the truck hub, the adapter and the wheel. Test fit (or pictures from whoever you source them from) is certainly advisable.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
picked up the 3500 this afternoon!!!! Low and cool! Took it to the autowash and spent some time cleaning the dust and bird stuff off it. Drove on the freeway with all four windows open to blow all the dust out of the interior. The truck has been sitting for over 6 months, so it was dusty. But the new 454 purrs and sounds cool!! All the gauges work! Lights all work, except interior overhead lights, but exterior everything works.
You must be registered for see images attach

Nathan 94

Reaction score
So this is the beginning of this journey..... Picked up a 2000 GMC C3500 in Utah. Blown motor 178K on the odometer, hope the tranny is good?! Was a sale from a freeway recovery a couple years ago. The prior owner either let it go or sold it to the tow yard, I am not sure. But it was picked up by a guy in Hurricane UT who was gonna do the whole deal, but had too many other C1500 projects nd not enough time. I found the 3500 on CL, had been looking for a while, many trips allover the place looking at some beat up and butchered duallys. This old lady looks like she was really well taken car of. The interior was clean, grey leather, worn as usual in the driver seat, but definitely had a seat cover and never had been smoked in or spilled allover. I know what it looks like, I have kids. It was a vet's car, air force, by the front plate. I'm guessing an old guy.... So the reason it sat was because it was in Utah and it had a blown motor. I went to pick it up with a regular car hauler trailer and it sagged the rear axles to the ground, the rear of the trailer was dragging on the ground!! The ass of the 3500 was hanging off the trailer and the front wheels were all the way to the front of the trailer. This was NOT going to work!
That is nice truck

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
picked up the 3500 this afternoon!!!! Low and cool! Took it to the autowash and spent some time cleaning the dust and bird stuff off it. Drove on the freeway with all four windows open to blow all the dust out of the interior. The truck has been sitting for over 6 months, so it was dusty. But the new 454 purrs and sounds cool!! All the gauges work! Lights all work, except interior overhead lights, but exterior everything works.
Absolutely beautiful truck. A crew cab dually is on the top of my list for next project for sure. I’ve never had a lowered rig before, so I’m going to ask a dumb question. Does a 5/7 drop effectively make the truck a daily commuter and not something to tow with? It looks sweet, but would I still be able to take this thing to the racetrack with my loaded down enclosed trailer behind it? (Theoretical question just for sake of discussion I don’t have any of this stuff in real life haha)

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Absolutely beautiful truck. A crew cab dually is on the top of my list for next project for sure. I’ve never had a lowered rig before, so I’m going to ask a dumb question. Does a 5/7 drop effectively make the truck a daily commuter and not something to tow with? It looks sweet, but would I still be able to take this thing to the racetrack with my loaded down enclosed trailer behind it? (Theoretical question just for sake of discussion I don’t have any of this stuff in real life haha)

If you keep enough suspension travel you can still tow.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 5/7 drop done correctly doesn't change the towing capabilities of any truck. Helper bags are definitely recommended to help level the load, and you'll need to flip a drop hitch, but other than that a dropped dually will pull whatever it will at stock height.