2000 GMC C/3500 Crew Cab Dually 5/7 on 22's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the kind of stuff that motivates me to do my own work. Can't rely on or trust somebody to do you right.

Hope it all works out for you, without too much trauma.
Yes, absolutely, but the work I can do here is not gonna let me do the engine swap. The first radiator is from EBay, so I will try to get a refund - I will post an update with info once I get a resolution with them. If teh EBay seller gives me a refund or credit, because I am going to be buying a radiator for my '91 Suburban, then I will give them props and recommend them. But in the time for the truck on the shop lift is now - so it had to be resolved ASAP. I bought the Autozone radiator, went in no problem, but was $400 with tax. This is not the end of the world, and it is just one of the things you deal with when you don't do your own work - so I agree.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now for the wheels - and NO, THEY DO NOT FIT!! Which I was told by everyone! Thank you for telling me and it went together knowing it was not going to fit. We put them on to see how much more space would be needed in the rear. According to these pics it will require 5 inches!! That is crazy!!
You must be registered for see images attach
The surprise was the front wheels. The front are very very close to touching - we didn't even go to try to figure it out - the decision was made to pull the American Force and put the stock wheels back on for now. Here are the two pics I got on the fitment of the rear wheels with stock fenders.

dragoz2020

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another bit of info worth knowing: If you use adapters for 8 lug to 10 lug wheels, you will NOT be able to use your old 8 lug NUTS with the conical shape to secure your adapters to the original wheel hubs. The stock lugs have a conical shape which is used to center the stock rims onto the stock hubs. These are LUG CENTRIC lugs (the conical lugs). Lug centric lugs use the lugs to center the rim during the mounting process. 10 lug rims and the adapters, which use the smaller 8 hole lug nuts (M14 X 1.5) and the larger 10 hole semi size lug nuts, use a different centering process called HUB CENTRIC wheel mounting and centering. The hub has a ridge which is used to align and center the wheels AND USES FLAT BOTTOM LUG NUTS, not conical nuts. The flat lug nuts will usually have an attached washer which is called a FLANGE. These flat bottom lug nuts secure the adapters to the hub and the new 10 lug semi wheels to the adapter. My wheels came with new large semi size 10 lug nuts, but NOT with the flat bottom flanged lug nuts required to attach the adapter to the truck hub. SO HAVE YOUR NUTZIN ORDER BEFORE YOU START, otherwise you will be paying a crazy price (like $5 each or more) for the flat bottom flanged M14 1.5 lug nuts!!!

Attachments

• Resized_20211210_153438.jpeg
    Resized_20211210_153438.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 8
  • SRW to DRW adapters-chevy-2015-up-2.jpg
    SRW to DRW adapters-chevy-2015-up-2.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 8

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another bit of info worth knowing: If you use adapters for 8 lug to 10 lug wheels, you will NOT be able to use your old 8 lug NUTS with the conical shape to secure your adapters to the original wheel hubs. The stock lugs have a conical shape which is used to center the stock rims onto the stock hubs. These are LUG CENTRIC lugs (the conical lugs). Lug centric lugs use the lugs to center the rim during the mounting process. 10 lug rims and the adapters, which use the smaller 8 hole lug nuts (M14 X 1.5) and the larger 10 hole semi size lug nuts, use a different centering process called HUB CENTRIC wheel mounting and centering. The hub has a ridge which is used to align and center the wheels AND USES FLAT BOTTOM LUG NUTS, not conical nuts. The flat lug nuts will usually have an attached washer which is called a FLANGE. These flat bottom lug nuts secure the adapters to the hub and the new 10 lug semi wheels to the adapter. My wheels came with new large semi size 10 lug nuts, but NOT with the flat bottom flanged lug nuts required to attach the adapter to the truck hub. SO HAVE YOUR NUTZIN ORDER BEFORE YOU START, otherwise you will be paying a crazy price (like $5 each or more) for the flat bottom flanged M14 1.5 lug nuts!!!
Depends on if your wheels are cut down semi's or ones like yours designed for medium duty trucks. Semi wheels can be lug or hub centric.