2000, 454 vortec bb engine seems to be missing after distributor R&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool. Saw where you were going with it. So... Should I do this to my high side too as well as isolating each bank? Basically asking if I could isolate low and high signal for each bank and reference them to the right locations on the 411

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool. Saw where you were going with it. So... Should I do this to my high side too as well as isolating each bank? Basically asking if I could isolate low and high signal for each bank and reference them to the right locations on the 411

You shouldn't have to mess with the high side at all, unless your issue is different from what I had. I would just do one thing at a time.

Ttoyota

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed it!!! Before adding the wire it would only work on first start of day. Now it's working all the time... Thank you for all the help. Got more stuff to ask but I'm going to relish this for a bit. Thx Christian!!

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fixed it!!! Before adding the wire it would only work on first start of day. Now it's working all the time... Thank you for all the help. Got more stuff to ask but I'm going to relish this for a bit. Thx Christian!!

Awesome man! Happy to help! Now that confirms mine wasn't some sort of fluke.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you still getting the P0300? Or is that fixed too? I made a thread some time ago on my troubles after I did the 0411 swap. That's when my code popped up.

Here it is.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of this bridge wire, is it a 98-00 thing? Mine's a 97.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of this bridge wire, is it a 98-00 thing? Mine's a 97.

I'm thinking so, might also be big block specific but no guarantee there, I'm just guessing that since there are quite a few 5.7s in the 98-00 range that are 0411 swapped, and I haven't heard of this issue from any of them. I did quite a bit of searching around and really haven't heard of this problem at all, which is why I had always assumed it to be an oddball issue with my truck in particular.