$200 budget power mods ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
:word:

Easiest setup ever. Just remember the G1 is for ZIF-style PCMs and the G2 is for the older EEPROM style.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
k thanks. It looks like the G1 is $35, then a 27SF512 chip is $5 each. Thanks for all the help. I am going to order the chip stuff, and the cable. Is there a way I can download my stock chips map and work off it? or is it just as easy to find one online and go from there?

Sorry for all the questions.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
All you need is the broadcast code from your PCM. Should be on a paper tag attached to it. It's four letters. Once you have that, you can probably find a stock .bin on Moates.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok thanks - I will have to look for it tonight after work then go from there. I plan on tuning it, then maybe do mild cams to help with a little more power. Not sure what the next step after tuning it, but i will find out soon enough.

vipergtrdj

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I just placed the order with moates.net about 5minutes ago for the tuning stuff. Do they generally ship same day since its placed so early?

I ordered -

1 x ALDU1 and CABL1 XtremeALDL and NewCABL1 Combo $80.00
1 x G1 Memory Adapter: TPI ETC.. $35.00
2 x C2 SST 27SF512 Chip $10.00
Total with shipping: $130.45

So I am still below my $200 budget. I ordered 2 chips just incase, figured its a good idea to have a couple on hand. I did not order from aldl.com because they were on back-order and figured I would deal with one company.

Can anyone recommend a good program to start with? I am going to download the stock chip and work off that, since I do not have much for mods right now. Not even sure if theres much I can tune from off the stock since I do not have many mods yet..

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
TunerPro :imo

You don't need to pull the .bin from your stock chip. Just look up the broadcast code on the PCM and you should be able to find a proper file either on the TunerPro site or the Moates repo. That way you can at least get a feel for how it's set up.