2" BL or REALIFT?? Need your opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So guys, I've lately the next step with the suspension on the truck is a 2" body lift and the realift tbar relocators. The realift is expensive as hell for just those 2 pieces of metal and I also want to do a body lift but not before I get rid of the tbar drop down brackets which is what the realift does. With installation prices and everything, doing the body lift and realift would be about $1000 and I can't justify spending that much on that little of a change right now SO, I wanted to get yalls opinions if I should do one or the other, you pick!

The truck would look really clean with the realift installed and still be all suspension lift and I'd gain a ton of ground clearance and I have no rubbing issues now...OR

2" body lift would look sweet towering the 37's...Also want to put my nbs bumper on but not before or IF i do the body lift so I don't have to re mount it.

I'm just bored and wanted to get you all's opinions. Installing the realift and installing the body lift are about the same price realift might be a little cheaper but each will run me about $500 each so lemme know what yall think, I trust yalls judgement most!

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
relift costs more, do it. How is it going to be a grand? a Bl is like $200 if that and the bars almost 300 or so. That's only $500, you gonna have someone install them? That would be costly.

IMo if you do a body lift you need taller tires, yours looks good now, but could stuff in more, but for me anymore lift and it'd have to have some taller tires.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^^ prefers the stuffed look over what many would consider proportionate. Nothing wrong with that, just keep it in mind when using his advice. He's not alone either. I have been looking at some 6" rcx trucks with 3"bl on 35's and I thought they would look goofy with small tires, but they look decent imo. I'd be careful going to big with a 10 bolt.

as for my opinion, I say both and find a buddy to help install them

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeap having everything installed :) I figure at the end of the day it's worth it. I work hard enough as it is and this way I don't end up sweating and stressed out cursing over the weekend :)

Anyway, my whole thing with the body lift was I would want the realift installed first. This would be the only way the body lift would look good. Notice on texasrebel88's truck looks good with a 3" body lift cuz he doesn't have any crap hanging down off the frame already SO I figure get the realift installed and it will be wangin'...I feel you about the taller tires. IMO I'd really need a bit wider of a stance also once you get up around 10" of lift you really need atleast x10 wheel. Plus it feels good not having a body lift because I've always said I won't, and when the 37's wear out, who knows what setup I'll want to run...But yea the realift will be about $300 to my door and my buddy brett in Alabama said it'd be $100-150 for installation and I'ma have him go ahead and mount up my nbs bumper.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sully are you running a body lift @ all? or just RCX? All I know is I can see a tbar drop down bracket in your sig.

I think the truck will look pretty slick with just the realift installed, and I'm equally as excited about the bumper.

Guys, maybe you can help me out with this but I'm having trouble of thinking who the hell could install the realift for me??? I don't want 4wheelparts touching the truck and they hadn't a clue what it was anyway...I'm trying to find a shop to do the realift and bolt up my bumper...What type of shop do yall think would be the best bet for these jobs??

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Holy hell I'm in love...
You must be registered for see images attach

I put realift into google image and the description says realift and 6.5" cepek + 3" body lift :D It says his username LA_MUDDer on fullsizechevy I've got to find more info on this truck...It looks killer and his tire/wheels are just like mine!

I also love it because it has the OEM flares...Lucky I found this truck it literally has everything I'm looking to do haha but the kicker is I searched him on Fullsize chevy and he has 0 pics of it...No pic thread history just questions and ****.

Last edited:

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no bl yet.... I am debating a few different things. I was thinking about fabricating a 9" rcx/dc style lift. Ive also been thinking about doing a 3"bl or just saying screw it and going SAS. All these thoughts while also thinking about getting rid of it in favor of something bigger...... or should I say heavier duty

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
LOL sully I know exactly how you feel man. Here I am 24, completely into my truck and all but trying to make it awesome and use it as a work truck all week lol The one conclusion I have come to is to keep it no matter what. I've figured what I'd get for it would just be a slap in the face and it's soo much more worth it to keep and retire it. I'm going to let mine finish out this season and then next year hopefully pick up something else. Either another gmt400 like a 98 or just go all out on a 03-07 classic 2500 dirtymax.

Anyway, I think I have it figured out though. I'm going to find someone to do the realift and put my new bumper on. If I retire the truck then it can get body lifted and all that later.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
IMO the body lift won't look horrible before the tbar relocator kit. But yes the lamudder truck looks bad ass. Also I have 11" of lift and I'm on 37x13.5 toyos and my rims are 17x9 and it doesn't look bad. So with about a 8.5 lift for you on 37s will look awesome! I want to actually bring my truck down to 9" of lift now because honestly 11" is getting a bit un practical and it will compliment my 37s better. So griffin I think your truck will be sexy with the body lift and 37s!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks alot bro I know it will look good my main problem is I don't know where I'll want to go with it once these 37's are done...Maybe back to 35's or 37's again who knows...My plans now include doing the realift, getting bumper mounted, and my buddy is giving me a double shock setup for the front I just have to pay him for install so I've been looking at some reservoir shocks rancho ones I'm about to order, oh and of course OEM flares and then I'll see how I like her :D