2-4 Servo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Im in the process of removing my 2-4 servo . Mine is frozen in there ive been working on this servo for almost a whole day.
I removed the ring , next step says take pliers and remove it. Ive tried vise grips , pipe wrench, used heat/ torch , nothings moving it. Any suggestions.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Did you cut the blue O-ring and pull it out? Makes taking the servo out easier...you should be able to get it out without doing that though, I dont know why yours is being so stubborn :shrug: Try cutting and removing the O-ring and then get back to us with how it goes

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
Ok, I got it off. Maybe I can help another. I used a torch heated around were the snap ring goes for good 15 mins. Then I took some wd40 sprayed it and a 4 pound hammer. Put a piece of wood over the servo and gave it light blows. Took my pipe wrench twisted back and forth untill it came out. I kept repeating that process.
I have the DVD from boxwrench. If any one needs it message me . Plus I have tons of other 4l60e info along with a 700r4 dvd.

Mrich0908

Pshhhhttttt!
Reaction score
I have that whole vid by box wrench . .If any one needs it pm me .
I need a Y-pipe to a yukon any one has one please message me with your number
I also need a 2-4 Servo Snap ring and check ball were can I find one of those?

Last edited:

pElf28p

Reaction score
MRich, what do you think about the boxwrench DVD? I just ordered the engine, 4l60e, and differential combo.

Chris

OBS Fallen One
Reaction score
Word of advice. Don't EVER heat a piece of aluminum (aka transmission case) like that and hit it with a hammer. You have no way of knowing how hot you're getting the metal and it will crack very easily.