2.25 dual inlet muffler - 97 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

never

Reaction score
Hello all, can a 2.25" dual inlet muffler be installed on stock piping? Anyone install with just clamps or is welding required?

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It all depends on the length of the replacement muffler. the stock muffler is LONG and I wouldn't expect anyone makes an exact aftermarket replacement. So you will most likely need to extend the 2 inlets or single outlet to match up with the factory piping. It would be simpler to just extend the single outlet.

The inlet and outlet of the aftermarket pipes will be designed to slip over the factory piping. So it can be clamped. You need to weld the extension pipe to factory pipe. Or you could take the extension pipe to a muffler shop and have them flare the end so you can slip it over the factory pipe and then clamp it.

never

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I'm mostly concerned with the inlet side of things before I buy the muffler. As long as I can clamp the muffler inlets onto the stock piping I'll be in good shape... I'm leaning towards a stainless super 50.