2"-2.5" of lift without using blocks.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I recently Lifted my 2wd Dually 4.5" in the front and im looking to level out the rear, I hate using blocks, so I'd like to avoid using them.

my searches are not yielding any results, I talked to ORD and they dont have a shackle Flip Kit availible for 2wd.... Im new to the 1 ton trucks, and the 2wd Lift parts seem scarce.... can anyone point me in the right direction?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
the "engineer" I talked to at ORD who only had a 4" shackle flip kit, said Id have to drill some extra holes to bolt it on and also said it would probably raise it more then 4" inches saying that the hangers typically sit higher on the frame...

oh man, I dread spending money to put blocks on, but I dont no what other Options I have

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
the "engineer" I talked to at ORD who only had a 4" shackle flip kit, said Id have to drill some extra holes to bolt it on and also said it would probably raise it more then 4" inches saying that the hangers typically sit higher on the frame...

oh man, I dread spending money to put blocks on, but I dont no what other Options I have

Leaf springs and smaller blocks maybe?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I really just wanted to do a shackle Lift, but if i cant find nothing, just gonna have to block it up.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd email someone at Eaton Detroit Springs to see if they're interested in custom making you some leaf springs. They offer all kinds of lift spring options for the half ton stuff, I imagine they could do a one ton set no problem. Aren't they really similar anyway? I'm sure someone else here knows more than I do.

Personally I'd much rather do springs than blocks, but I understand if the budget is an issue. Big price difference there.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I'd be willing to bet the 2wd and 4wd parts are all the same in the rear of the GMT400 truck.

The springs are, eye to eye.

Any small lift spring should work, the only difference AFAIK is the leaf count and overload or not.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I emailed DIY4X... seems like a small buisness, maybe he'll put somethin together for me.

whiplash473

Tyler
Reaction score
Shackle flip and remove the helper leaf if it's too high. Otherwise you can stack an add-a-leaf or two in to try and get it level.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
a little update, it took a little searching, but I was able to find someone who was willing to make me a lift.

DIY4x probably laughed at my e-mail, may be against his religion to help a 2wd guy. I'll probably try one more time, just to see if I have options.

I finally said screw it, maybe on top of a rear lift, I could soften the ride up in the back a bit. I contacted Deaver Springs via e-mail and we have been going back and fourth today. They said they'll make me a 2-2 1/2" inch lift springs and soften the spring rate down to 3/4 ton using a high count thinner leaf springs for $784.

a bit more then I was hoping, but its a one off set and I think thats about the going rate for a lot of there leaf packs.

they said it'll take 5-7 weeks to produce.