1999 TAHOE 2wd 2dr drop questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotwheelbill

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the ride with this 2/4 drop set up?
Rear shocks....extenders to use standard shocks, or buy drop shocks 4" shorter....which one would ride better? I will still be towing a little bit but nothing like a camper or heavy boat.

Also, with flares, the truck stays clean longer.

Last edited:

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How is the ride with this 2/4 drop set up?
Rear shocks....extenders to use standard shocks, or buy drop shocks 4" shorter....which one would ride better? I will still be towing a little bit but nothing like a camper or heavy boat.

Also, with flares, the truck stays clean longer.

I love mine on my truck, I am 4x4 though, I have Airlift SlamAir helper bags.

Shock extenders are a must IMO, corrects the shock angle. I think your current shocks if they are good then go with them and extenders, or go with a Bilstein and extenders, be good for towing.

I think flares look cool on a dropped truck or yukon.
You must be registered for see images attach

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine has a 2/3.5 with drop leafs out back and after getting the shock extenders the ride is better. Because of the shorter leaf compared to trucks these will never "ride like stock".
There is no front hanger specifically for our trucks, you need to get one from a truck or 4 door tahoe and make it work.
Also the shock extender that DJM says fits our trucks does not. I called DJM before buying and they told me SE1128 would work. I made them fit though and the ride is better.

Ill be doing a 4 link on the truck later on with coil overs. Eventually buying shockwaves.
Ill be getting a weld in notch next weekend in prep for it.
Has the DJM drop shocks and the sensatrack for jeeps out back. (Monroe Sensa-Trac 37027 - rear (92 Cherokee Sport))

Hotwheelbill

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have mine back Monday. Having the rear end rebuilt and went ahead with a D Locker. Still 3.42. They also said they would replace my trans tail shaft seal for me too. (Only leak on the whole truck!) $1600 hit this week, so it will be a couple before I start to gather parts for the drop. Plan to go ahead and to brakes and bushings all at same time.

Hotwheelbill

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has a 2/3.5 with drop leafs out back and after getting the shock extenders the ride is better. Because of the shorter leaf compared to trucks these will never "ride like stock".
There is no front hanger specifically for our trucks, you need to get one from a truck or 4 door tahoe and make it work.
Also the shock extender that DJM says fits our trucks does not. I called DJM before buying and they told me SE1128 would work. I made them fit though and the ride is better.

Ill be doing a 4 link on the truck later on with coil overs. Eventually buying shockwaves.
Ill be getting a weld in notch next weekend in prep for it.
Has the DJM drop shocks and the sensatrack for jeeps out back. (Monroe Sensa-Trac 37027 - rear (92 Cherokee Sport))

99kon, I know you have posted this already, but I can not find it. What is your wheel set up, sizes? Back spacing? Offset? Thanks

edit: OK, Found it . 255/55. I think I would want a little more meat on the rims for me.
I too plan on 18" Torque Thrust, but why 8 front and 9 rear? Looks only , or fitment? I had been thinking of 9" all around with 255/70??????

Last edited:

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's the way I bought the truck. I went ahead and dropped it more this morning.
So now it's 4/4.5
Did the belltech 2" spring and a 1" shackle.
I'll be getting a 275 50 out back
255/70 is too tall bud
Mine has a good bit of rake right now but it's not bad. When I do the 275/50 the ass end will come down a bit but still have some rake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably will have to drill some other holes, mine didn't quite line up either, I suggest buying or borrowing a right and headed drill and good bits.

99kon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dont know exactly what has top be modified but if I were to guess it would be the hangers mounting holes.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep and they are barely off, just redrill the hole or two, just be careful of brake lines on the other side of the frame rail!