1999 tahoe 4 door lowering question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

low99

Reaction score
Another company makes control arms that are narrower to counter the Belltech dropped spindle pushing wheels out a bit. Elevated Concepts out of Idaho, and I believe it’s just him doing it all so quality is real nice. Even has a rack and pinion steering conversion kit that’s fairly priced IMO. Go check them out.

For what it’s worth, if you might do a Wilwood big brake kit later you’ll have to buy new dropped spindles that fit their stuff, it won’t work with Belltech spindles as far as I’ve seen.

i'll check em out thank you! my only concern is how to do a 7 inch drop on the rear seems like i might have to get custom work done to it but who knows i'll ask around some more to see what my options are

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
7in is good but will need helper bags for best results.

MrDo

Reaction score
DJM offers a 4 door tahoe specific rear kit. The tahoe 4 door is different from all other gmt400s. The leaf springs are shorter and the front hangers are different. Shackles are the same though.
For the front I strongly recommend a narrowed control arm. Stock arms put the tire in contact with the front fender lip. Drop SPINDLES exaggerate this by increasing track width and spacing the front wheels out even further!
Only three companies offer a narrowed front control arm:
CPP
IHC
Stonefab

Post before and after pictures. It will give others a reference point for drop and wheel tire combinations.

Here's mine. 3 inch front 4 inch rear with 20s and 31 inch tall tires. The rear fender lip is about 3/4 inch higher than the front.
Good Job. Is your Tahoe a 4x4 or 2wd? If so We can use your help to get these 4x4 tahoe's lowered a little! Im looking for the same height as yours. DJM doesnt have a 4x4 lowering kit.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The article referenced, says it’s a belltech 4x4 lowering kit 2-4” front and 4” rear on 17” wheels.

I think any 1/2 ton flip kit would work since you’re looking for more than 4”. you’ll just need to make a notch. Probably get a universal notch kit and modify to fit.

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good Job. Is your Tahoe a 4x4 or 2wd? If so We can use your help to get these 4x4 tahoe's lowered a little! Im looking for the same height as yours. DJM doesnt have a 4x4 lowering kit.
Thank you. Mine is 2wd. There are 4wd lowering kits available. Belltech makes torsion bar keys to lower the front of a 4wd 1-3 inches, and their rear shackle and hanger kit is rated at 4 inches of drop. That would be a good start.