1999 Suburban K1500 5.7 (GMT 400) specific wheel offset question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

As I'm new to this forum and this is my first thread, please let me know if there's a specific section of the forum for wheels etc. (I didn't find one) where this thread should be moved to.

Ok, here we go:

I'm in the process of installing a 6" RC suspension lift kit on my truck. When the kit is installed I plan to run 35x12.5x15 BFG A/T's on 8" wide rims and here's where my question comes in regarding the offset/backspacing but first some background information:

My truck has, what seems to be, OEM fender flares (see attached image for reference) installed and from the measurements I've managed to gather (without removing the flares), my quess is that these fender flares are 1" fender flares.

My aim in regards to stance with the truck is to not add additional fender flares but to keep these ones. So here's my question and in order for the truck to be street legal in Sweden, where I live, the tire tread is not allowed to stick out from the fender flares. It's ok however if the sidewall of the tires bulges out of the fender flare but as mentioned - not the actual tread of the tire.

Based on this, I would love your input in regards to what offset I need in order to achieve this stance. From what I understand, the rear wheels are a bit more tucked in than the front ones (stock) and I would really like it if both the front wheels' as well as the rear wheels' tire treads were to be flush with the outside edge of the fender flares I have on, only I have not been able to find this information anywhere even though I've been Googling like crazy person for it.

From the research I've been doing it seems that I should look for wheels the have a positive ET and probably around +15mm (which is hard to find I've noticed) in order to achieve this. If I were to gamle, I'd rather go too much positive and add spacers rather than the tire tread of the front wheels sticking out from the fender flares (making the truck illegal).

-Most important: what wheel offset should I go for (different front/rear?) in order to achieve alignment of the tire tread with the outside of these fender flares?
-Does anyone know exactly how much these type of fender flares add to the width of the truck compared to stock trucks without these?
-How much more tucked in are the rear wheels than the front wheels (or am I imagining this)?
-If I were to go with the tire setup mentioned above on 8" rims ET+15 would these rub on the frame or anywhere else on the inside of the tire (with a 6" RC susp. lift)?

Any input or images of similar setups would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

/Henrik