1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'll do my best. I don't think I'll have much time in the next few days... honestly I might wait till it's a little warmer to get one up haha

Yup cats are still there... I could never run a truck without cats in NJ
Just wear a jacket and your long johns :deal:

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Been a long time updating this so here goes a bunch of things that I can think of:

A while back I finally took the running boards off my truck. Thankfully all the paint under it was good and the truck looks quite a bit better now in my opinion.

Here's how it looks without the running boards

You must be registered for see images attach

Shortly after I got a much needed upgrade with my tires.

I wound up getting Goodtear Duratracs and I couldn't be happier.

Here's how they look

They're really freaking awesome and they tempted me to take them into some mud - and they performed amazing.

Now the most recent thing: I ordered a weatherguard toolbox which should be here tomorrow. But this toolbox required me to take off the roll n lock tonneau cover. In order to allow it to roll out, it has these two things on the bed rails that looked like this:

When I took this off, I found some bad news. It had took a lot of the paint off and even more of the paint is peeling. It currently looks like this:

Needless to say, I'm not happy.

I was thinking of painting over it with POR15 and then possibly painting bed liner on it. If anyone has experience with this, either good or bad, or any other suggestions as to how to handle this let me know.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Been a long time updating this so here goes a bunch of things that I can think of:

A while back I finally took the running boards off my truck. Thankfully all the paint under it was good and the truck looks quite a bit better now in my opinion.

Here's how it looks without the running boards

Shortly after I got a much needed upgrade with my tires.

I wound up getting Goodtear Duratracs and I couldn't be happier.

Here's how they look

They're really freaking awesome and they tempted me to take them into some mud - and they performed amazing.

Now the most recent thing: I ordered a weatherguard toolbox which should be here tomorrow. But this toolbox required me to take off the roll n lock tonneau cover. In order to allow it to roll out, it has these two things on the bed rails that looked like this:

When I took this off, I found some bad news. It had took a lot of the paint off and even more of the paint is peeling. It currently looks like this:

Needless to say, I'm not happy.

I was thinking of painting over it with POR15 and then possibly painting bed liner on it. If anyone has experience with this, either good or bad, or any other suggestions as to how to handle this let me know.
You can get some good spray in bed liners that'll allow a toolbox. Mine is really good quality and has been on the truck over 10 years and still holds up well. As long as whoever sprays it in does it well, you can't go wrong

Sent while pulling out a Ford

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
You can get some good spray in bed liners that'll allow a toolbox. Mine is really good quality and has been on the truck over 10 years and still holds up well. As long as whoever sprays it in does it well, you can't go wrong

Sent while pulling out a Ford

I'm definitely not spraying anything haha, way too much effort considering I'm doing this myself along with a million other things I gotta do with my truck in a fairly short timespan. I'll just paint it if anything

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
The paint peeling issue is now a thing of the past

Put these dee zee bed rail covers on yesterday. Gonna put a tailgate cover on in the next few days (also gonna be black diamond plated)
Still waiting on my toolbox to come in

You must be registered for see images

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Finally got the toolbox from the shipping company today. I freaking love the thing, but my only complaint would be that my two window stickers are not only half visible haha

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I'm glad you got it in black. I was picturing polished for some reason