1998 AC/Heater Control Head Unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTT_99

LOUISIANA BORN AND RAISED
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

My AC/Heater control module has perished. The blower will come on but will only blow up out of the dash under the windshield. I cannot turn on the A/C nor will the Heater in the truck work. All the AC Parts under the hood are BRAND NEW so I know its not anything under the hood. All my wiring is still in tact. What do you guys think of this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-0...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c52275396

These things OEM brand new are close to $200.00. I would really like to stay away from spending that much money but if I have to I will. Just looking for a better deal. Do you guys know of any quick fixes for these things or would you just trash the old one and get a new one??

Thanks guys,

Scott

SCOTT_99

Reaction score
By the way...heres my POS:
You must be registered for see images attach

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These were a common problem with these trucks. I have seen a bunch of them burn out. You can try a junkyard but there is no guarantee the one you're pulling will work. Autozone has them for about $150

SCOTT_99

Reaction score
These were a common problem with these trucks. I have seen a bunch of them burn out. You can try a junkyard but there is no guarantee the one you're pulling will work. Autozone has them for about $150

Thanks Mike. I'll check out Auto Zone and O'Reily.

SCOTT_99

Reaction score

Just wanted everyone to know I purchased this product from "thepartsladi" - installed it today. Everything works like a charm. Finally got my heater back!! I highly recommend buying from this store on EBay. Very prompt del. as well. Recieved it in 3 days.

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that, I bought a Delphi fuel pump from her and it saved me some $. I might me ordering one of these soon

Bama2door

Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine over the summer and I had no A/C and wanted to kill myself. Glad you got it all back to working