1997 Sierra C1500 - TX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought stuff from rock auto this morning. They had everything I needed except lower left control arm. Total was like 791. It'll ve another $150 or so for lca when its in stock. Will buy sway bar bushing set from oreilly since price was very similar and i have a $25 off coupon.
I guess i shoulda bought parts sooner because it'll take about a week for them to get here.

I guess that'll give me time to reinstall passenger door lock actuator that has been out for 18 months.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christmas come early. Got another delivery scheduled for tomorrow.
You must be registered for see images attach

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I was waiting on parts to come in, I put the passenger side door lock actuator back in. I bought a new one at the store on Saturday morning and that meant I now had 4 of them at home. I put it in and the amount of back & forth travel that it had seemed small and it just didn't seem very powerful.
Sure enough, I had to hold the door lock button for a few seconds for it to muscle up and unlock the door. I put the OE actuator back in and it works a lot better.
What is strange though is that if I use the automatic lock/unlock on the passenger side, it works really well. But if I use the driver side controls it takes a tad longer. It unlocks almost just as fast, but to lock it, I have to hold the button down for a second longer than normal.

Got that done just before it started raining.

I haven't been able to work on it a whole lot lately. But I did get the center link & pitman & idler arms put on last night. I then swapped out the stabilizer bar bushings. But not by myself. Dang, that thing is heavy and to try and line up the bushing bracket holes with the bolt holes was impossible. Called my dad to come over and help. I tried putting one end on a jack to help lift and level it out, but just couldn't get them lined up by myself. After 5 minutes or so they were all torqued down.

Hopefully this weekend I can put the passenger side back together and then start tearing down the drivers side.

jjupiter100

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got everything put back together this weekend. Had my son help bleed the brakes tonight. Drove it around the block twice and something's not right with the brakes. Might need to bleed again because the pedal sinks to the floor.
This project was fun and I learned a lot.
Will get it aligned soon before I start driving it anywhere.
Hardest thing I've ever done or tried to do was install those coil springs. What a whip. Lower control arms weren't very easy either.