1997 Chevy K3500 CCLB SRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I would love a crew cab. I have 2 younger siblings and other family that I have to haul around and even more friends. One time, I had to have 4 friends ride in the truck and 2 ride in the bed. The girl that rode shotguns dad fussed at me lol

Sent while pulling out a Ford

Bwahahaha. I remember doing that as a kid. When I was your age, we all had regular cab trucks. Anytime we all went somewhere, you could only fit three people in the cab, unless you had a bunch of girls... Then you just piled them all ontop of each other! We used to have kids ride in the back of our trucks going to parties in the middle of winter. If there was beer, they didn't give a .

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
Bwahahaha. I remember doing that as a kid. When I was your age, we all had regular cab trucks. Anytime we all went somewhere, you could only fit three people in the cab, unless you had a bunch of girls... Then you just piled them all ontop of each other! We used to have kids ride in the back of our trucks going to parties in the middle of winter. If there was beer, they didn't give a .

Lol, usually everyone fits fine but it was a little crazy that day. I would kill for a crew cab but I've only seen a few near me and they're always expensive. And they aren't always 4wd either and that is a must for me lol

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Lol, usually everyone fits fine but it was a little crazy that day. I would kill for a crew cab but I've only seen a few near me and they're always expensive. And they aren't always 4wd either and that is a must for me lol

I'll admit, I got VERY lucky getting this truck for $2,200. I recently checked the KBB, this truck books for just under $6,000.

I've put another $2,500 in wheels, tires, audio, seats, interior work and mechanical work in it since I bought it.

Hopefully soon, I can retire my little RCSB and bring this crew cab up to daily driver duty.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
I'll admit, I got VERY lucky getting this truck for $2,200. I recently checked the KBB, this truck books for just under $6,000.

I've put another $2,500 in wheels, tires, audio, seats, interior work and mechanical work in it since I bought it.

Hopefully soon, I can retire my little RCSB and bring this crew cab up to daily driver duty.

I wish I could find trucks like that, they're way to pricey on the coast

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Well, not much of an update. Reinstalled the front differential yesterday. Did get a little spendy on new parts for the truck.

Ordered the following:
tow mirrors
inbed low-profile toolbox
Bolt-lock one key lock and handle for the new toolbox (tumblers get set to my ignition key, NO extra keys!!)
Reman 5.0 mustang fuel injectors
AC Delco Cap, Rotor, Wires, plugs
New Fuel pressure regulator
New CV shaft for pass side

Next weekend will be busy! Hopefully I can put some more miles on this truck!

mattgio72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My vote is a smooth front diesel bumper...and get rid of that back bumper for a nice chrome one and keep the steps...DONT plasti dip the wheels, they look awesome just as they are...still confused as to why you took out perfectly good leather but at least the seats you put in are in great shape!...definitely a good buy even with the needed work that came with it...

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
My vote is a smooth front diesel bumper...and get rid of that back bumper for a nice chrome one and keep the steps...DONT plasti dip the wheels, they look awesome just as they are...still confused as to why you took out perfectly good leather but at least the seats you put in are in great shape!...definitely a good buy even with the needed work that came with it...

Leather is for pretty city trucks in my opinion. I'm actually going to work this truck on my property and in other facets.

I used the leather rear bench in my 90 rcsb, sold the front seats for $250.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What does the mustang injectors do?

The original injectors are GM Multec design, which are prone to failure quite often. Rather than replace them with another factory set. I bought a set of reman Bosch mustang injectors. Supposedly, they provide a smoother idle, better throttle response and a little better economy than the factory design injectors.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Toolbox showed up today, found its way into my living room. Still waiting on tuneup, injectors and mirrors.
You must be registered for see images attach