1997 Chevy K3500 CCLB SRW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

And this is why I dislike 7.4 vortec trucks. EVERYTHING is a chore to do.

The timing cover gasket was leaking...

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
What roof console did it have in it before?

Live action!!

It had some weird conversion package truck roof and floor consoles before.

Finally a decent picture of the truck. I really need to wash it and detail it.

Guy was supposed to drop some pyo center caps by wor last wednesday, but never showed.

Still debating keeping the step bars or not.

Also thinking about doing a diesel front bumper. I'm going to switch the truck to a chrome grille.

The above leads me to a bit of a dilemma, the rear bumper is a black plate steel ranch hand bumper. So I can't really do a chrome front bumper. So, I'll buy a new black diesel bumper from work, the question is... with impact strips and bumperettes or smooth with just a license plate bracket??

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
That's a hell of a deal! Good looking truck.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
That's a hell of a deal! Good looking truck.

Eh. I honestly should have skipped this truck and coughed up 4-5k instead of 2200. I've got close to 20 mechanical labor hours of my own into this truck so far, just fixing drivability issues.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Built a wiring harness and threw the DIC mod on today, also threw a new radio in.

I've always been a huge fan of Sony headunits, used nothing but them since my first car in 2001. Took a chance and switched over to the Pioneer. All I have to say is WOW, the sound quality is much better than a Sony unit!

The wife was plasti-dipping the wheels on her Cobalt SS today, got me thinking about how good my truck would look with black pyo's. Not sure if i'll do it, but i'll toss the idea around.

Also got the factory keyless entry working correctly on the truck today!

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
I'll give you my truck for it :deal:

Sent while pulling out a Ford

LOL, I bet!

I've got too much time and money into it now to justify selling. My friends wife is really after him to get me to sell it to them. They've got 3,000 kids and need a crew.

Just need to order a set of injectors and fpr to fix the restart issue after sitting for more than 10 minutes.

ChristGilley

GMT400less GMT400 Member
Reaction score
LOL, I bet!

I've got too much time and money into it now to justify selling. My friends wife is really after him to get me to sell it to them. They've got 3,000 kids and need a crew.

Just need to order a set of injectors and fpr to fix the restart issue after sitting for more than 10 minutes.

I would love a crew cab. I have 2 younger siblings and other family that I have to haul around and even more friends. One time, I had to have 4 friends ride in the truck and 2 ride in the bed. The girl that rode shotguns dad fussed at me lol

Sent while pulling out a Ford